Surefire Black versus Surefire HA...

knightrider

Enlightened
So I received a E1B today. Nice light with some great functionality and built quality. The weird thing is that the black HA doesn't look as nice to me as the HA Surefires. I personally think the E1B in HA would be the most amazing thing in the world to me.

I enjoy the black HA for the difference away from the normal HA, but still love the HA... This will not stop me from enjoying the E1B, but I can dream...

e1b2.jpg

knightrider

Enlightened
Nice rendering matt0. Looks more matte and real.

As for the red HA... I'll take it! That would be super cool, red HA...

So besides a greyish green and black, any other colors for HA that are cool?

Size15's

Flashaholic
'Never' is a strong word but I'm confident that SureFire will never release the likes of the E1B, E2DL and U2/K2 in natural HA.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I think it's so that SureFire maintain a strength of image and continuity - a style theme that would be diluted by offering HA alternatives.

Still, it can be frustrating when you desire a particular SF model in a certain finish.... only to learn that the finish is not the one usually offered on that particular model. :sigh:

knightrider

Enlightened
It does make sense, but still saddens me... not that much though. :)

Size15's and his logic cannot be denied.

I still love seeing photoshopped finishes on lights that we know and love. It's always cool. That thread with all the G2 photoshopped lights was awesome.