• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD*: KL1-RS, E1L body, McTC with McE2S in UK >>PRICE DROP 2<<

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
For sale is my custom EDC, built from parts carefully sourced from various forum members, assembled by me to create what I consider to be an almost perfect EDC! But I've decided I'd like to try something new and so... this has to go...

Specs:

• Surefire KL1 head opened cleanly, Lux replaced by USW0H SSC P4 (from Photonfanatic), optic replaced by McR20s and reassembled, retaining the original driver - which means the head will run on 1 Cr123, 2 Cr123 and R123!! The reflector is exactly centred for that perfect, McGizmo beam! :D (Opening head not recommended unless you wish to spend ages trying to re-centre reflector :ohgeez:)
  • E1L body with clip, still tight
  • McTC HA Nat, protecting switch and allowing tailstanding! Please note that HA match on the head and body is excellent, the tailcap does not match well with these and in fact has some variation in colour across it.
  • 22Ohm McE2S two-stage switch (will include in a 2nd resistor board). This gives a genuinely "low" mode of approx. 3 lumens - more than enough for checking a map, walking around the house at night etc.. And there's always a decently bright "high" just a harder squeeze/twist away!
  • As this light has been my EDC it has been carried lots, used some (through a couple of primaries) - but in fact abused none! Spent most of its time protected in a holster! I can't see any scratches or dings! Just a bit of dust...:whistle:
  • No included battery, box or instructions. Will upon request locate and include the removed optic and supporting ring.
(Disclaimer - in the name of full disclosure): although this is not my first emitter swap or KL1 mod I am relatively inexperienced in the world of modding so do not expect the soldering to quite match the perfection of the professional modders around here. Only marginal issue I am aware of is that the oring beneath the pyrex is not absolutely perfectly positioned, but you have to look rather closely! The light has worked fine for the past year or so and I see no reason for why it might not continue to do so!)

So we have a two stage light with a beautiful McR beam (think poor man's PD-S) in a Surefire E-series compatible package that is shorter (it's only about 10cm long) than an L1 and can tailstand! Fits into my hand perfectly! And in mint condition! (Why am I selling this...:confused:)

Asking £69 £64.99 £62.99 for complete light shipped in UK. Please add £3 for shipping to other EU destinations. I will use First Class Recorded delivery for UK addresses and an airmail service with delivery confirmation for abroad.

Alternatively, may part out although buyers of complete light get preference. Will not sell head until buyers have been found for other parts:

• £39 £34.99 £32.99 for KL1-RS, shipped First Class Recorded delivery for UK addresses, airmail service with delivery confirmation for abroad (add £3 for abroad)
  • £16 for E1L body, basic First Class delivery in UK, basic airmail for abroad
  • £29 £27 £26 for McTC with McE2S, First Class Recorded delivery in UK, basic airmail for abroad
I accept Paypal only, CC Paypal fine. I am a verified Paypal user. Will normally ship to EU only, but if you're very interested and further afield maybe we can work something out.

Trades: I may be interested in propositions involving (if necessary balanced with some Paypal):
SF L1
SF A2
SF KT1/2/4

My ebay username is " Brizzler! " -feel free to check my feedback. If there is a problem with the sale do get back to me before posting "jeers" and we will try to sort something out.

First :takeit: posted here with no conditions/questions gets it. Will then PM my PayPal address and :paypal: expected within 24hours thereafter, including delivery address information in message. Will ship as soon as possible after payment received.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: KL1-RS based EDC in UK for EU

>PRICE DROPS!<

:wave:

And BUMP

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: KL1-RS, E1L body, McTC with McE2S in UK for EU >>PRICE DROP 2<<

Another price drop! :anyone:

I'm losing so much money on this already... :eeksign:

Last edited:

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: KL1-RS, E1L body, McTC with McE2S in UK for EU >>PRICE DROP 2<<

Bumpity Bump...ttt

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: KL1-RS, E1L body, McTC with McE2S in UK >>PRICE DROP 2<<

:bumpit:

gunga

Flashaholic

A quick question when you added a reflector, what di dyou replace the dome lense with? UCL lense? What size?

Seems like a vey nice setup, would probably sell if you could ship abroad...

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened

One detail I managed to forget :ohgeez:
I did not replace the original pyrex - it works fine!

And regarding shipping beyond the EU, I have been persuaded to add the clause "if you're very interested and further afield maybe we can work something out" to the original description...

Hope that helps!

gunga

Flashaholic

Oh, does that mean it's still a domed lense with the reflector underneath?

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened

Oh, does that mean it's still a domed lense with the reflector underneath?
It does indeed. There's no rattle if that is what you are worried about.

gunga

Flashaholic

I think I'll pass on this one (I opened up my own KL1 so now just need parts to mod).

Free bump to you tho! Nice light, and thanks for the info.

Good luck on your sale!

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened

Sending you a PM, mossyoak!

manoloco

Enlightened

if you tell me an AW RCR123 750mah fits, you are going to make me suffer...

gunga

Flashaholic

Should fit fine. Fits in the E1B body and also in 2 E1L's I've tried.

Runs fine on AW RCR123s too...

So does that mean you are suffering?
:naughty:

gunga

Flashaholic

Welll, if you REALLY want one, PM me in a week or 2.

No McE2s, a couple dings, but the rest is the same...