new inova X5

rockz4532

Enlightened
I picked up a inova X5 from target today, and i dont really see any information on the package, anyone know the lumen output, and if it uses the nichia cs leds, its supposed to. Also is it lower quality then other inovas? does it have any improvements over the old one?:shrug:

I have a X5 in blue leds, for 5 years now! it has never broken, and ive never replaces the duracells in there!:twothumbs it has ingraving on the ring, and it has no engraving on the rubber.

Marduke

Flashaholic
IIRC, the latest generation is Nichia CS for around 30ish lumens on a fresh cell.

All the X5's I've seen have had superb quality. Only the X1 has ever really slipped in quality IMO.

rockz4532

Enlightened
agreed, i imediately returned the x1, 2watts? i dont think so. and the new x5 seems good , also just wondering what does iirc mean? (some ppl might think im stupid, but ive only been here a week)

Marduke

Flashaholic
Internet slang, IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

And while I'm at it:

EDC = Every Day Carry
FWIW = For What It's Worth
UI = User Interface
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The INOVA X5 is probably the best quality light available at the $30-$35 price range.IMO the X5 is a better quality light than the majority of lights that are 2-6 times the price.Of course many of those lights offer considerably more output and features but I doubt they are as rugged in the long run.

NightFlyer

Newly Enlightened
I'll chime in as a regular user of an X5. I loaned my other one which was promptly lost and it hasn't been found yet, so I bought another at Target about 2 weeks ago to replace it. It's the light I use more than the others as the light output is plenty good for use indoors or at work. Quality is simply superb. I have never had any issues with the X5 even after some pretty hard knocks and falls. I agree that the quality is the best in this price range. Battery life is excellent. The X5 is also a great looking light as well. People are always impressed by the hi-tech look of the light and it's strong output for its size.

As for durability, well, I have left a few X5 shaped dings in floors in network/telcom rooms around town. In one case, the light fell LEDs straight down and you could clearly see the five circles in the imprint in the office tile floor. I didn't tell anyone.. :whistle:

Hope that helps.

rockz4532

Enlightened
the only thing i think is wierd about inova is that there x series, when you turn it to constant on, usually i have to twist it more than my other twisties. it bugs me a little, but not a big problem

and theres five circles imprinted in your office?!:laughing:

Latest posts