Thought you folks would get a kick out of this.

Patsplace

Newly Enlightened
I work as a Marine Surveyor and tonight I was at Beaver Cove on Vancouver Island to have a peek at a tug and barge while they dropped off part of an equipment load.

One of the owners of the Tow Boat company was acting as ground guide as a big drilling machine was backed off the barge ramp and needed a light. For some reason I gave her the Dereelight CL1H on my belt, rather than the Pelican Stealth in my coverall breast pocket. When she came back with the light, she was raving about how powerful it was and how small it was. To make a long story short, she wants two Cl1H lights, complete with 18650 batteries and chargers. One for her and one for her husband for Christmas.

Here's someone that works with lights and couldn't believe the power and range (even though I had the OP reflector in the light) of the CL1H.

Made my day!! I'll order them when I get back to my office tomorrow.

Pat

highseas

Newly Enlightened
Nice story. Tell them about this forum and turn them to the "bright" side.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
It reminds me of the time I showed my buddy my L2D, he wanted to buy it off me there and then.

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
8 months a go i had my DBS v2. Brought it to uni laboratory and got laugh at by my friends and as they weren't into flashlight.

Two weeks later went to fishing and didnt have any light and i lend them my cheap version thrower wf 600 from dx and they were like WOW this sh1t is freaken bright at night and throwy :p

Now i gave him some advice with his small budget, he end up bought 1 tiablo a9 and brought it to work and his mate and brother want the same :crackup:. The spreading never end :kiss:

Who's the nerd now hey :naughty:

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny how we all get spoiled by our bright lights, but when others see what they can do they are blown away. :) A co-worker of mine got to see some of my lights in action when we treated some of our website site's volunteer moderators to a weekend in the Poconos. I was shining my lights into the woods, mainly the Dereelight DBS, and CL1H. My co-worker really liked the size and performance of the CL1H so I gave him all the info and he got the CL1H V4, two AW 18650's, and a charger. He took it on a camping trip, or something, but then the guide at the place was impressed with the CL1H so my co-worker gave the whole set upt to him as a tip at the end of the trip. So now he's looking to order another one as a replacement. :) I thought it was really cool of him to give all of that as a tip.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was camping this weekend with cub scouts,and the scouts were running around in the field,playing flashlight tag( not even my idea).
One of the fathers got out his led to try to spot some of the kids,well he couldnt see very far, So Icliked on my electrolumens blaster 3d(seoul p p4 upgrade)Nobody could beleive how bright that it was! Its optic lit up all the way across the field,easy 150 yards Really bright.There was no light pollution so it really was impressive.All the fathers had to take turns trying it out and spot thier kid.
Imagin if I had broke out my mag 85!:huh:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Inviting them to the forum might be a good thing.

Tell them that Li-ion rechargeables have top be treated well though.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great you're speading the word. The advances in Flashlights and LED technology have not reached the masses yet. With all the disasters of late though I have a feeling it is only a matter of time. Some reasonable priced well performing lights are getting into the mainstream retail channels.

The CL1H really is a an impressive light, I wish I didn't have problems with mine originally (well actually I'm glad I did so I learned about them, dropins, and 18650 cells/chargers). I wish I could tear about the recent version and convince myself that they have fixed all the issues, before putting down my money. However, I think the new one is only available in black which is not for me.

I miss it though because the CL1Hv2 is still one of the best feeling lights in my hand, and has great bang for the size. I'd never carry it without a backup though, and I'd never carry it as a backup. I use it in the car and give it to others when I'm with them and have other lights.