WOW! There comes the JETBeam III Military!

fineday

Newly Enlightened
:oops:Sorry that there won't be any pictures in this post 'coz mine is still on the way. The estimated arriving time is this Thursday.

I'd say that I'd never seen a light that attracts me so so so much... I fell in love with it with the first sight. With stainless steel head ring and tail attacker with the same material, it solved all the cons in Jet3Pro.

Well well... can't wait to get my J3M... I'll post all the pictures once when it arrives.:devil:

fineday

Newly Enlightened
here are some official pics.
20080922_379e67a83923df40315aEgFdwDkxKVbg.jpg.thumb.jpg

20080922_f82cfe7d3ff57d9b9eb58hHWjx1px66h.jpg.thumb.jpg

20080922_a9f691abfce30e3d6671LG1tqUQsm9rU.jpg.thumb.jpg

20080922_ec599ff55650fa1191e3Txr6J8dh2GY0.jpg.thumb.jpg

It is said that, this light can work with any battery which can be inserted into its body. The voltage range is about 2.7~15V.

IcantC

Enlightened

Specs:

Model: JET-III M
LED: CREE 7090 XR-E (Q5 bin)
Max Output: 225 Lumen (Torch Lumen)
Reflector: aluminum reflector
Lens: Sapphire crystal
Material: T6061 T6 aircraft aluminum alloy,
Finish: HA III Military grade hard annodized
Battery: CR123*2,RCR123*2,18650 Li-ion
Input voltage: 2.7-15V
Switch: Forward clickie switch
Waterproof: Accord to IPX-8 standard
Dimension: Bezel diameter 33mm, Tail diameter 24mm, Overall length 130mm
Weight: 118g
Patented Product.
Output & Runtime:
MAX output
CR123*2: 225Lumen, 2Hours
RCR123*2: 225Lumen, 1Hours
18650*1: 225Lumen, 3Hours
Min Output: 2 Lumen, lasting for 200 hours
See here for more info

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=183314

IcantC

Enlightened
I was curious about the glass breaking tail mentioned in the link. Not sure how the tail would break glass?

fineday

Newly Enlightened
I was curious about the glass breaking tail mentioned in the link. Not sure how the tail would break glass?
I think it means hitting.:p
估计意思是可以用来猛砸然后把玻璃砸碎吧,毕竟不锈钢比铝合金更适合干这事。:D

fineday

Newly Enlightened
Is it fully regulated on all battery configurations? (probably not, of course...)
What does fully regulated mean?
If you means that the output won't be flicker, I think that will be true. Since JET3Pro is already "fully regulated", I think there is no reason that JET3M goes back to the old PWM regulating.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fully regulated as in it maintains output for as long as possible before dropping off. As opposed to semi-regulated or direct drive.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think by "fully regulated on all battery configurations," Outdoors Fanatic means that regardless of the type and quantity of cells used, the light output will stay constant until the last little bit of juice is sucked from the cells (or the lowest safe amount for rechargeables).

Many lights are optimized for only one voltage range. For example, two 3 volt cells would be six volts, and the light's circuitry might be happy with between, say, four and six volts, running off two primary CR123A cells.

That same light might might function/be spec'ed to function with 1x18650 cell, but would only run in regulation down to 4.00 volts (from a full charge at a hypothetical 4.20 volts). After that, the light would begin to dim.

A light that is "fully regulated on all battery configurations" would be a very useful light indeed.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
Fully regulated as in it maintains output for as long as possible before dropping off. As opposed to semi-regulated or direct drive.
Oh I know, thx very much. :oops:
JET3Pro is fully regulated I'm sure, it's said it would keep running at 1.2A (max brightness setting) for LED until the battery ran out.

I think J3M will also be fully regulated.

By the way, in our forums we usually call "fully regulated" as "constant current driving".

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does fully regulated mean?
If you means that the output won't be flicker, I think that will be true. Since JET3Pro is already "fully regulated", I think there is no reason that JET3M goes back to the old PWM regulating.
I mean flat regulation. Which means that the output will remain at near full power as long as there is juicy in the batteries.

This is true flat regulation:
RuntimeDBSv2High.jpg

However, according to Flavio from Bug Out Gear:

"Like the Fenix TK11, the JET-III M is partly direct drive."

So I'm out.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
I mean flat regulation. Which means that the output will remain at near full power as long as there is juicy in the batteries.

This is true flat regulation:
RuntimeDBSv2High.jpg

However, according to Flavio from Bug Out Gear:

So I'm out.

Well, thanks very much. I'll test it when I get it.:cool:

fineday

Newly Enlightened
Thanks buddy. Looking forward to your tests.

cheers
To be hornest I don't care whether it is CC driving or not 'coz I'll mainly use it indoor(there is not chance for me to do outdoor adventuring:mecry:neither place or money), and CC driving may cause efficiency lost.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast

The same way other safety glass breaking tools do it - an impact with a sharp, pointy edge. :shrug:

fineday

Newly Enlightened
I've asked the manufacturor and they said this light is party regulated, just as the distributor said. When using a single li-ion battery Jet3M will work in semi-regulated state but when two li-ion batteries is inserted it will turn into fully regulated.

I don't know why they managed to design the circuit in this way, but I think this may due to the consideration of efficiency.