Why do SFs cost big bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockz4532

Enlightened
why do surefires cost so much!! i know they are really good quality, but paying 200$ for a flashlight seems too much. I bet i can find a flashlight same quality as surefire, same brightness, and same regulation for 100$
I have a G2, and it is good, but all it is is a plastic tube with metal on inside, a tailcap, the bulb, and the batterys.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beyond the quality and features etc., Id say there are two main reasons surefires cost alot. I believe they are made in america(I think), and because they are a well known brand in the same way that ipods and starbucks are well known brands. Not saying any of these are bad, but when you build up a good reputation you then get to charge more.

yalskey

Enlightened
There has been at least 2 or 3 threads on this very topic in the past several months; some quite lengthy. Please see if the search turns anything up.

GPB

Enlightened
If you can find a light that you like for a price that you like, buy it, enjoy it, and tell us all about it.

rockz4532

Enlightened
so if you are a known and trusted brand, you get to charge ridiculous prices???
my budget is 60$ for one individual light, but maybe other people dont think 200$ is a stretch

shomie911

Enlightened
so if you are a known and trusted brand, you get to charge ridiculous prices???
my budget is 60$ for one individual light, but maybe other people dont think 200$ is a stretch

Surefires have lifetime warranties and they build excellent flashlights.

I spent $175 on Oakley M-Frame sunglasses, they are made out of plastic entirely, lens and all.

They're still the best sunglasses I've ever had and they've held up to all kinds of torture.

$200 Surefires are worth the money, they don't really cost all that much considering they last forever.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
<irony>Surefires are too expensive. I'd never trust my life to a Fenix. Why doesn't Surefire use the latest technology, like Fenix does? Why do people still buy M*gL**ts, anyway? And, hey, what's the deal with Surefire tailcaps? Can't they get anything right? And why does it take so long to get anything from DX? Oh, and I hate SOS, and strobe, too.</irony>

Pardon me while I duck and cover.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Lifetime of no-questions-asked replacement part support. There was a recent thread where a CPF'ers step brother slammed his 6P to the ground 7-8 times... destroying it. Surefire is replacing it FREE, after years of use and some deliberate/intentional abuse.

Its the LAST flashlight you will ever need to buy, it will out-live the hand that holds it... If you think of it that way, the value scale starts to even out. (IMHO)

DM51

Flashaholic
Please do some reasearch before posting. This topic has been covered ad nauseam. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.