Need UK 2L beamshots.

FNG

Enlightened
Ive had this for about a month and read posts on how the beam varies. Anyone have beamshots of the 2L so I know what its exactly supposed to look like? I hear its supposed to be smooth and all that but mines have rings. I also tried the extra lamp that I bought. Same outcome.

PS: You guys ever heard of "a sticky"? Other boards I go to have it and what it does is an option for the moderator to "stick" a certain topic so that it says on top the page. Its good for announcements and FAQ's. I was thinking that you guys should post beamshots of all the lights so itll be easier to tell which light is brighter instead of people(like me) asking to see comparisons all the time.

Brock

Flashaholic
I recently bought 40 2L's for the local school district and check them all. They were pretty similar, but all had rings and all were different in some way. Some were "D" shaped, "8", egg shaped and so on, I would take picks of the beam, but they vary so much I don't know if it would really be useful.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I bought 12 lamps and tested them and got the same results as Brock. Some are distinctly better than others (fewer
"shadows", better "focus" etc), and I set aside those as my prime lamps and keep the others as spares, or give them as gifts along with 2L's to less critical non-Flashaholic friends.

Despite these inconsistancies the 2L is a wonderful light, and still unique even though it's an old design.

Brightnorm.