Single primary cell - most lumens?

tzzoooma

Newly Enlightened
AA, AAA, CR123, or smaller.

What puts out the most light for the cheapest price, regardless of runtime or build quality?

Gator762

Enlightened
Guess I would have to say AA. AA's are so common that helps them on the price. AA NiMH can supply high and low power lights for a long time, AA Alkaline can supply low power lights for a long time.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Regardless of price... Well you can have someone design a high power driver to drive a Seoul P7 or Cree MC-E at full specs from a CR123 or a high discharge capable AA battery.

Is this just a hypothetical question or are you looking for a light to buy?

BMF

Enlightened
Originally Posted by tzzoooma
AA, AAA, CR123, or smaller.

What puts out the most light for the cheapest price, regardless of runtime or build quality?
Regardless of price... Well you can have someone design a high power driver to drive a Seoul P7 or Cree MC-E at full specs from a CR123 or a high discharge capable AA battery.

Is this just a hypothetical question or are you looking for a light to buy?

I think he wants cheapest price, regardless of runtime/quality.

The best places to look are DX, Kai. Buckle V5 for AAA, R2G2 for AA, 602c for RCR123, ... Those are the ones I can think of right now.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get the rc-n3 or the rc-c3 from DX or if u want to spend a little more get a q5 version from shiningbeam.com, as far as cr123 lights go. The rc-c3 is a single rc123 light and is a little cheaper and the rc-n3 is a great light can use either 1 cr123 or two AA's, it comes with an extension tube. The Q5 versions can put out quite a bit of light, or so I hear.
The Buckle Im pretty sure the cheapest/ brightest aaa light.
For a single AA light that is cheap and bright the rc-g2 is pretty good, again shiningbeam sells a slightly more expensive q5 version.
Although, I think if you are only getting one you should probably get the q5 rc-n3. It gives you the option of the rc123 which will be brighter than anythign a aa or aaa can muster plus you still have the option of using it in 2xAA mode. Also romisen is a pretty respectable brand, as far as budget lights go they are very solid. Plus it has a Glow in the Dark tail cap that I really like :p

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get the rc-n3 or the rc-c3 from DX or if u want to spend a little more get a q5 version from shiningbeam.com, as far as cr123 lights go. The rc-c3 is a single rc123 light and is a little cheaper and the rc-n3 is a great light can use either 1 cr123 or two AA's, it comes with an extension tube. The Q5 versions can put out quite a bit of light, or so I hear.
I have the P4 version of the RC-C3 and the Q5 version of the RC-N3. Both are great lights.

The RC-C3 puts out a lot of light for such a small light.

Latest posts