Pick Three To EDC

The Sun

Enlightened
Choose three for EDC purposes to cover all your needs (also NC EX10 not pictured).

1 Big
1 Little
1 Knife

:)

Please explain your purpose...thanks all :thumbsup:

Top row, left to right:
WE P7-Eagle 2, EagleTac T10C2, TK11, TK10, LED Lenser T7, SL TL-3, SL Scorpion LED, SF E2DL, H2X Typhoon 2

Middle row, left to right:
EagleTac T10C, Jet II Pro, NDI, NEX, ITP C9, Ra Twisty 100, 120P, Leatherman Charge ALX

Knives, left to right:
SOG Pentagon Elite 1, SOG Trident, Benchmade Griptillian, Benchmade Mini-Dejavoo, Benchmade Pardue Axis 530, Spyderco Salt 1, Spyderco Delica 4 ComboEdge, Spyderco Rescue 93mm

STA73332.jpg

STA73333.jpg

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
In my not so humble opinion, none of the above!

My "big" light is a Fenix P2D. On turbo just today it allowed a very good search of a dark house.

My "little" light is a Fenix LOD head on a Streamlight Microstream body with clip.

I do keep a TK10 in my truck. It's just too big to edc.

My knives are, a very tactical changeable razor blade knife from Gander, an OT 30 LB and a SAK Classic.

I just don't have any use for serrated blades.

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened
1 - E2DL

2 - RA Twisty

3 - Benchmade Pardue Axis 530

Seems like those would cover about anything you'd need for EDC.

The Sun

Enlightened
In my not so humble opinion, none of the above!

My "big" light is a Fenix P2D. On turbo just today it allowed a very good search of a dark house.

My "little" light is a Fenix LOD head on a Streamlight Microstream body with clip.

I do keep a TK10 in my truck. It's just too big to edc.

My knives are, a very tactical changeable razor blade knife from Gander, an OT 30 LB and a SAK Classic.

I just don't have any use for serrated blades.

right on!! i like a little half & half to my blades. i like the pentagon pretty well its a good size for pretty much anything, and i used to carry the fixed blade version in country, but i find myself gravitating towards the delica 4 almost always. its smaller but its about as vesatile and tough as they come without spending a couple/few hun. i usually EDC two lights, one on my belt, and one around my neck. i've had to sweep about 40 multi storied buildings in the past eight days, and the T10C has been awesome, and i really haven't needed anything else (really just a backup because i don't fully trust the T10C yet, its new ya know what i mean). anyway, thanks for the info. keep it coming, i had this stuff in my office, and was curious to know what you all would do with it. thanks again.

The Sun

Enlightened
1 - E2DL

2 - RA Twisty

3 - Benchmade Pardue Axis 530

Seems like those would cover about anything you'd need for EDC.

great pick!!! with those you wouldn't even realize you were carrying anything. i'll have to try that!!! that Axis 530 weighs almost nothing, and the E2DL, and twisty weigh about the same. thats a lite combo (no pun intended). i like the twisty a lot at home!!! the only thing that worries me about the 530 is snapping the blade, it's pretty thin. but, its one of those knives you just don't want to put down. good call...thanks :thumbsup:

nathan310

Newly Enlightened
P2D Q5 Big
Lummi Raw NS 200/20 cool tint-Small
Small Regular Sebenza-Small
Yuna Mini Hard Fighter-Big

If you're going to have big and small lights then there should be big and small knives:D LOL

shomie911

Enlightened
great pick!!! with those you wouldn't even realize you were carrying anything. i'll have to try that!!! that Axis 530 weighs almost nothing, and the E2DL, and twisty weigh about the same. thats a lite combo (no pun intended). i like the twisty a lot at home!!! the only thing that worries me about the 530 is snapping the blade, it's pretty thin. but, its one of those knives you just don't want to put down. good call...thanks :thumbsup:

I just picked the ones I would if I had to depend on them, so Surefire, RA, and Benchmade were a no brainer. :twothumbs

As long as you don't pry anything with it, I think the 530 would work just fine.

As for me my list would be:

Big light: Olight M20 Warrior or Inova X03 TIROS

Little Light: Peak McKinley SS 7 LED or Peak Kino Bay SS P4 or (if extreme runtime is needed) Inova X1 Gen. 2

Knife: Don't normally EDC one but my Wenoka dive knife is ultra dependable.

The Sun

Enlightened
P2D Q5 Big
Lummi Raw NS 200/20 cool tint-Small
Small Regular Sebenza-Small
Yuna Mini Hard Fighter-Big

If you're going to have big and small lights then there should be big and small knives:D LOL

oh yeah, i forgot the San Mai Recon Scout i carry in my pants taped to my leg... dual purpose :whistle: kidding

The Sun

Enlightened
I just picked the ones I would if I had to depend on them, so Surefire, RA, and Benchmade were a no brainer. :twothumbs

As long as you don't pry anything with it, I think the 530 would work just fine.

As for me my list would be:

Big light: Olight M20 Warrior or Inova X03 TIROS

Little Light: Peak McKinley SS 7 LED or Peak Kino Bay SS P4 or (if extreme runtime is needed) Inova X1 Gen. 2

Knife: Don't normally EDC one but my Wenoka dive knife is ultra dependable.

i wouldn't be prying anything with it, it just seams thin. its a purpose built knife if you know what i mean. there's really only one reason to have one, for the serious jobs!! benchmade really does make some quality products, but i think for the money spyderco is where its at. do you (or anyone else for that matter) own a deerelight CL1H? i've really been lookin hard at the V4 w/ the 3SD Q5, i see all kinds of good things about the V3 i'm wondering if anything else has changed but color and size.

nathan310

Newly Enlightened
My bad,

I would've picked some from there but I'm not familiar with most them.

yankeefist

Newly Enlightened
L4 w/ an E2 tailcap - Milky modded with a direct drive P7

Milky Boxster single output KL4 on a E1e body w/ an E1b clip and a E2 tailcap w/ Aleph two stage 60 Ohm inards

Benchmade 770 Osborne Axis w/ green/black G10 scales and a bc1 coated blade

shomie911

Enlightened
i wouldn't be prying anything with it, it just seams thin. its a purpose built knife if you know what i mean. there's really only one reason to have one, for the serious jobs!! benchmade really does make some quality products, but i think for the money spyderco is where its at. do you (or anyone else for that matter) own a deerelight CL1H? i've really been lookin hard at the V4 w/ the 3SD Q5, i see all kinds of good things about the V3 i'm wondering if anything else has changed but color and size.

Nope I don't have a Deerelight.

I've been trying my best to stick to USA made lights, I made an exception for the Olight M20 because I was one of the ten people who got 50% off during the promotion. :D

Seriously though, you have a Surefire E2DL, use it!

In my opinion a CL1H wouldn't be all that much different than what you already have. You should probably just save your money, maybe buy some primaries and start using that E2DL more. The E2DL as well as a lot of other lights, work great with 3.0V RCR123 batteries. People have been running 3.7V RCR123 batteries in the E2DL and it appears to work fine, but no ones know about long term use yet.

I need to get me an E2DL. :laughing:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of the above.
Fenix P3D Q5
Fenix EO1
Leatherman Surge
PT EOS II headlight also if I'm hiking

nathan310

Newly Enlightened
Nope I don't have a Deerelight.

I've been trying my best to stick to USA made lights, I made an exception for the Olight M20 because I was one of the ten people who got 50% off during the promotion.

What about that Fenix tactical?