Question about a SF weaponlight

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
Can I check what model was the SF weaponlight that had a SW01 tailcap?

This was most recently offered as a closeout on LA Polic Gear.... stupid me hesistated and it was gone like the very next instant... :mecry:

Is the bezel that was used a M2 bezel?

Can anyone tell me more about this weaponlight please.

Anyone has a picture of it? Just want to see it again... :rolleyes:

Thanks

Tessaiga

Enlightened
Thanks... found the pic on LA Police Gear website... silly me.. thought that it was gone as a closeout and no longer available on the website....:ohgeez:

Is the head a SF M2 bezel cos it says shock isolation system??

One more strange question from me. Can you somehow remove the rail mounting system from the body such that you can use the body as a normal flashlight?

coyote223

Newly Enlightened
Thanks... found the pic on LA Police Gear website... silly me.. thought that it was gone as a closeout and no longer available on the website....:ohgeez:

Is the head a SF M2 bezel cos it says shock isolation system??

One more strange question from me. Can you somehow remove the rail mounting system from the body such that you can use the body as a normal flashlight?
You can remove the mount, but you will still have 2 ears hanging off the body. They are molded into the body.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M951P comes with the M2 shock isolated head.

You could use a U2/Kroma or Leef body with the LU60 adaptor for a more normal body.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to rub it in your nose, but I was the last person, or second to last person to get the LAPOLICEGEAR closeout. It was actually a M952P.

The M951P is a dual screw mount (the 1 stands for the screw mount)

The M952P is a A.R.M.S Swan lever throw mount. (2 stands for throw lever)

Here is the thread that I posted, in the Rare/Unusual SF picture thread

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2631253&postcount=310

The head is a M2 head. the stock image that LAPOLICEGEAR uses, is an older style picture. It has the older style LU60/M2 head. But as you can see, mine came with the newer/redesigned head.

I have since, swapped a XM07 tailcap on the M952 light, added a detonator 1xcell extender, and threw in a SF P91 bulb.

The SW01 is now on my Strider M2.

Last edited:

Tessaiga

Enlightened
Sorry to rub it in your nose, but I was the last person, or second to last person to get the LAPOLICEGEAR closeout.

Damn you... you evil man.... :devil: :nana: :nana: :D

but my wallet thanks you for it.... :D

Nice picture... thanks... body looks really cool too. But I'm still partial to the old M2 head... :devil:

So, if I read it correctly, the older version already comes with an LU60 adaptor?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually they all come with the adapter. You need the adapter to fit the M2/C2/6P style heads onto the weaponlight body. the weapon light body has a female end socket, not male ends like your normal SF bodies.

so if you look at my M952P pictures, you will see the anti-roll hex head, and then right behind that hex, is another smaller hex. that is the adapter. two males ends, of different diammeters, delineated by that smaller hexagon.

Oh small bit of trivia, the threading on the ends of the LU60 adapter is of course to fit a 6P/C2/M2 head, but the other side is the same diammeter and thread pitch of a standard Surefire body tail end.

So you can screw in a sf light into the M952 body. However the depth of the threading is a little bit shallow so it doesnt screw down all the way past the o-ring.

Oh and i like the older M2 style more as well.

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks... thats very enlightening... now.. to get my hands on one and play some SF Lego...:D

By the way, I like all your SF Lego in your post.. never mind that it might not work... scores great points for coolness and creativity...:D

Thanks. Its all inspiration from other SF-lego creators, like DaFAB. He has great SF Legos.

GL trying to find a M951/2P. They are discontinued. Oh there is another for you to try and hunt for. The M952C. the C stands for clicky. Yes it comes with the SW02 tactical clicky. but if you want just a SW02 you can still get them. I just ordered one thru LPStactical. They might still have some.

Tessaiga

Enlightened
Thanks. Its all inspiration from other SF-lego creators, like DaFAB. He has great SF Legos.

GL trying to find a M951/2P. They are discontinued. Oh there is another for you to try and hunt for. The M952C. the C stands for clicky. Yes it comes with the SW02 tactical clicky. but if you want just a SW02 you can still get them. I just ordered one thru LPStactical. They might still have some.

Thanks... I have a SW02... its the SW01 that I'm missing.... :ohgeez:

Latest posts