Surefire KT1-P7 Mod.....Beamshots added

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had this KT1 that I bought a while back sitting on the shelf doing nothing. I have done a P7 in a KT4 in the past and wanted better heatsinking, so the KT1 was chosen-since it is a HUGE aluminum heatsink.
I flipped a tower module heatsink over and did some trimming. The beam is Very focused. It is a direct driven P7 from either a 17670 or 18650. The KT1 is doing its job and disappating the heat nicely. I included a beamshot comparing it to an E2DL.

- Surefire KT1/KT2 Host
- SSC P7
- Direct Driven-17670 or 18650

003-14.jpg

Focus
004-10.jpg

My Beater KT1
011-4.jpg

Surefire E2DL---------KT1/P7
012-4.jpg

Surefire E2DL
022-5.jpg

KT1-P7
023.jpg

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire KT1---P7 Mod

Very very nice work DaFab! :D

This must be a great thrower...i really like your mods!

take care

Thank you!:thumbsup:

It is a VERY good thrower!
This has the tightest spot of any P7 mod I have done yet:twothumbs
There is NO donut hole....at all!:naughty:

Oh yeah.....BEAMSHOTS ADDED to post #1

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Compared to a standard Seoul Tower Module..

071.jpg

Seoul P4 Tower--------------------SSC P7 Tower
069-1.jpg

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice work :D

Would this work just as good in a M6 head?
Any room for a converter...

:thumbsup:
Keep up the good work.
Benny

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should...while the KT1/KT2 is a one-piece design, and the KT4 uses a shock-isolated reflector, I am pretty sure the reflector design is the same. I get the same beam profile using incans and LED tower modules in both heads.
I did a P7 in a KT4 when they first became available, but I have better designed this one to focus better. I will be making another P7 tower module and I will try it in the KT4 reflector to be sure. The concern for heat managment is a problem with the KT4. If used for short times, it would probably be ok, but the KT1/2 is acting as one big heatsink for the P7. It gets warm with extended use, showing that it is doing its function with the P7 and drawing heat to the entire bezel.
There is Zero room in the KT1/KT2 for a converter without permanantly altering it.
If used in a KT4, I'm pretty sure one could be made to work....might not be easy, but possible.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great mod ,great thread..

It got me thinking,since ive never seen a KT1 with a CB bezel before.
Does the KT1 use the same Threads/Bezel system as the M6 and M4?

If it does it is good news for those who wants to pimp theire KT1 series heads with RPM bezels.

:D

Benny

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Great mod ,great thread..

It got me thinking,since ive never seen a KT1 with a CB bezel before.
Does the KT1 use the same Threads/Bezel system as the M6 and M4?

If it does it is good news for those who wants to pimp theire KT1 series heads with RPM bezels.

:D

Benny

Not sure about threads but spacing for bezel window nut notches are the same for my KT1 and my wife's M4.

Bill

edit. Notches are integral to CB bezel on M4.

Bill

Last edited:

sactime

Newly Enlightened

Compared to a standard Seoul Tower Module..

071.jpg

Seoul P4 Tower--------------------SSC P7 Tower

How did you get it to glow green like that? Or is it just the yellow LED looking green in the pic?

sactime

Newly Enlightened
UV light will make the phosphor glow

Meaning what? The P7 glows like that after it's used? Or a UV light was held up to the led to make it glow?

Did he do something special to his P7, or will any P7 glow like that with UV light?

Sorry, I don't really understand this very well.

shomie911

Enlightened
I just got a KT2.

Any chance there will be another P7 or maybe a MC-E assembly?

A MC-E 6C that could be run off two 18650 would make my day. (And would likely be popular for all the people with 2x 18650 battery carriers in their M6's.) The 6C version of the MC-E has almost an identical tint to an incan.

Here's a post from another thread.

From left to right: R2 WH, Q2 5A, and MC-E 6C.

Now, I want to see an MC-E 6C in my KT2 (with FM 2x 18650 body)! :laughing:

36733874kv4.jpg

1wrx7

Enlightened
I stopped at DaFabricata's place on Sunday night. I had seen this KT1 P7 mod before but I hadn't really played with it in the dark yet. WOW:devil: The hotspot on this thing is crazy. I use a Seoul P4 tower mod in my KT1 and I've always loved the tight hotspot and the huge spill it produces. The P7 still has the huge spill but the hotspot is way more intense:twothumbs And there's absolutely no donut or cross in the beam like I've noticed with other P7 lights. For the record, the donuts in my P7 lights dissapear as soon as I am actually using them. White wall hunting is the only time I notice these artifacts.

Great work Tim:party: This has got to be the best beam I've seen from a P7 yet.

bk737

Newly Enlightened
How is the runtime on the 18650? It looks like the P7 is mounted to the base of the heatsink( after flipping it over )so no boring of the reflector is required as it also looks like mod is inserted from the front after lens removal? Am i on the right track? Awesome in function and appearance!How much to do one for me?:devil:

Last edited: