Energizer 4 AAA Doublebarrel

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Anybody have the 4 AAA Doublle barrel model? I'm interested in brightness and run time. It looks perfect for back pocket EDC cause of its size and flat barrel.

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened
i have one, its just a little bit brighter than those 2AA eveready flashlight.
run time, ?? never count it. :p
sorry.

i mod it with scorpion bulb, and change the wire inside, into series. becoming 6 Volt.

you can see how to do that at http://thelightsite.cruxial.com
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its quite neat - especially when you mod it to x4 serial cell config instead of 2x2, put in a 6AA bulb with AAA NiMhs and you have a rechargeable powerhouse.

Klaus

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple of those and really need to mod one of them to a serial config instead of the 2x2.

Where are the instructions/photos on how to do that again?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone who wants to convert these lights, I have 6AA bulbs to sell. I also have two converted serial lights with 6AA bulbs I'd sell for $19 @ shipped or $35 shipped for the pair.

They're available because I now have so many smaller and brighter SF, Brinkman, Nuwai, Brinkmann 2 * 123 lights that the DB4AAA's don't get used often.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Chris - just two posts atop your post is a link to the thread where AFAIR the mod was described in detail and with pics too - (at least I think) - did you tried the URL and it doesn´t work out for you - probably lemlux´ offer is the way to go ?

Klaus

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks...I'll check it out and see if it's something I think this newbie modder can handle...

Since there's several mods listed for the various DB flashlights...which one is it?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another DB question...

Once I've converted my DB4AA, DB6AA and a DB8AA to run in series, what upgraded bulb options do I have?

I'm already running a DB6AA bulb in my DB8AA and love the added oomph it gives but am wondering what other, brighter options for the DB6 & 8AA's are...

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone every tried to put an Opalec Newbeam in one of these?

I'm dissappointed with how quickly the brightness drops in my 4AAA DB...

Jon

K A

Enlightened
Hmm. I have 5 unused AAA DoubleBarrel's that have been laying around for ages. I bought them on clearance for $3 apiece. Been meaning to mod them. They are the 'newer' style and have only the 1 thumbscrew to undo the battery chambers. I also do have one of the older styles where it has the seperate caps for the battery chambers.