Wish I had more light!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbosman1013

Enlightened
Wish I had my SF C2 with the good ole M60, but the E2DL did the job. Went to a friends house this evening to check out a knife he was looking to sell. It's a large cold steel filet knife, older verson with carbonV steel, he had no use for it(nither did I) but I bought it anyways. It was getting late so I decided to go home, while on the way home traveling on a main road (speed limit 50mph) some jerk pulled out in front of us in the same lane doing maybe 25mph. We quickly moved over a lane to avoid hitting him and gave a good blast from the horn. I thought that was it but I quess he thought it wasen't, He came up on us pretty fast leaning out his window yelling foul language and saying he was going to F!@$ING KILL US. I was going to role down the window and give him a peice of my mind but using my self control I felt a controled burst of blinding lumens would do the trick. I gave him a 2 second burst of high mode right to the face, it shut him up but it didn't have the effect I thought it would. There was no covering of the eyes or turning of the head but that could be because he just pulled out of the bar. We quickly slowed down and turned down a side street to get away for the situation and continued home. Even though it wouldn't have been a fair fight, there was 3 of us all over 200lbs and he was alone but you never know what someone else has. When I got home I thought, it would have been better with the malkoff.... or the P7 maglite :devil:. So it looks like the C2 will be seeing some pocket time again, and the jerk will hopefully think before he goes picking a fight again.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typically, road-rage involving flashlights doesn't tend to go down very well. I had an encounter once that I would rather not repeat.

I tend to just let incidents like that blow over, they don't bother me too much. If I really get into trouble, I take it to the twisties. Usually the loser involved is driving some big, powerful exec car, which struggles to keep up with a 760kg car when the corners tighten up.

steve6690

Enlightened
Blinding someone who's driving a vehicle is not a good idea though...it's better just to ignore ****heads like that.

DM51

Flashaholic
There have been other road-rage threads before, and they always end up involving the discussion of dangerous or illegal activity. This one, like the others, is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.