bike people does this look messed up

raggie33

*the raggedier*
and yes this is the same bike from years ago i finaly found it and had the time to mess with it since i am sick of walking and i found a old crappy bike called roadmaster that i got a few parts of.i replaced this because it looked bad i still have a few other bad sprockets like the one in front.this bike been thru the everything i even thought it was ripped off once

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, worn out. But it shouldn't be too expensive to replace at a bike shop. Take it with you when you go. Actually, that's a real common wear item so Walmart or Target, etc, might have them.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i found one off another bike they threw it away i also got the tubes out of it and tires.it rides a tad better now but still has issue no front brakes but the rear work great.no front deralier but im glad i replaced the seat the old one had like metal that wore my pants out when sitting on it plus no mater what it couldnt be tighted.so far i didnt have to spend a dime but all this stuff was from a old roamaster bike.then i watched a video on youtube to learn how to adjust rear derailleur.but im going to save for a new bike this one is to tall for me anyways here is the bike im looking at id pref are a lot cheaper but that wont happen i doubt
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4016707#ShortReviewTitleBar

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should be fine. Maybe a little heavy (40lbs), but then you're strong, right?

Keep it lubed, adjusted and - most important - out of the weather.

My wife got a new bike a couple of months ago and already has over 3,000 miles on it. It was on the truck rack round trip to Minnesota!!

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love to ride so much i still want to ride to dalonga but im waiting to i get a bike that in better shape then mine.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
If you really like to ride, you might want to save up a little more and buy a better bike. Also, I would never buy a bike from a store that categorizes them under 'toys'. Go take a look at your local bike shop sometime, see if they have any nice 2nd hand bikes or last years models. You can get a much better bike for your money that way.
If you do decide to go with that Schwinn bike, think twice about actually using it off road. You can get yourself hurt very badly if your bike isn't up to the stress of off road riding. And if you don't ride off road, you might want to consider a roadbike, they are a lot more efficient when riding paved roads.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i was thinking if a road bike would be beter id guess most my rideing will be on roads or very lighgt off road mostly where there is no sidewalk and im to afraid to drive on the street so id be in the grass on side of raod its not in good shape the grass is always long like to my waist and ruts in it

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
if you're going to do any offroad, even if it's just very light offroad, don't get a roadbike. In your situation it might be better to buy a MTB and get some tires that are more suitable for road use when the original ones wear out.
Continental Sportcontact would do great if you want to go fast, Schwalbe Big Apple would do great if you want comfort, Maxxis Hookworms would do great if you want something that can take a bit more of a beating.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, where is that cog from? It looks like one of the rear derailleur cogs. If it is, it's not a drive cog, so I wonder why it's so worn - rusty chain, bent cage jamming cog?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeppers came from rear deraliers but one of the front ring cogs has bent and messed up teeth to .im sure the rear deralier is bad to but it did get me to store with no issues the other night other then the hills and long grass man this city realy needs sdie walks or at least keep the grass under 1 foot tall

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i want to get rid of all the cars lol there scare me when i ride on the street.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i been rideing the hect out of it mostly between 3 am and 5 am because its so peacefull then.its messed up pretty bad i stay in one gear to be safe but it sure beats walking this city is real bad for bikes though they dont care about any peoples other then those in cars