e2e

ruger357

Newly Enlightened
Well I got off my led kick and bought an e2e today from a fellow member. Had one before, but my house got broken into and it got stolen:mad:. Anyway I ordered a HO-E2A module from Lumanfactory. 110 output for 75 minutes. Thats pretty good considering the 60 lumin one from SF gets the same runtime. One of my favorite SF's:twothumbs

Till

Newly Enlightened
The LF lamp will probably appear just as bright as the SF lamp because LF measures their lumens at the bulb while SF does out-the-front.

Till

Newly Enlightened
I would get it as a backup lamp in case the SF one blows or is damaged, but not because I want it to blast the SF lamp out of the water.

sappyg

Enlightened
i'm looking at the EO and the HO-R LA's from LF myself and i can't decide with would be best. the HO would match the stock bulb i suppose and i like the extra run time. anyone here have experience with both LA's from LF? how floody/ tight is the beam?
this little e2e is becoming my favorite light but i hate burning up primaries on it......... i'll do it.... i don't want to...... but i'll do it:twothumbs

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the HO-E2A is noticeably brighter than the MN03. I had a few of them, I wish I had kept a couple. I might have to order some again. I tend to use primaries a lot more in the colder months.

swampgator

Enlightened
this little e2e is becoming my favorite light but i hate burning up primaries on it......... i'll do it.... i don't want to...... but i'll do it

I went with the EO bulb strictly for that reason. Picked up a few RCR123s from Lighthound along with the bulb. Beam pattern on mine is very, very similiar to the stock SF. As Till said earlier SF measures lumens out the front while everyone else measures at the bulb. Which is not a worry for me, I just wanted to run rechargeables.

Edit: After 2 years here I finally broke 500!

sappyg

Enlightened
I went with the EO bulb strictly for that reason. Picked up a few RCR123s from Lighthound along with the bulb. Beam pattern on mine is very, very similiar to the stock SF. As Till said earlier SF measures lumens out the front while everyone else measures at the bulb. Which is not a worry for me, I just wanted to run rechargeables.

Edit: After 2 years here I finally broke 500!

swampgator....... what kind of run times are you getting with the RCR's with that EO bulb? i have AW's myself from light hound and i was wondering if you really get the 45/60 minutes with rechargables for this bulb.
like you i am completely happy with the SF bulb but i just gotta go the recharge root.

swampgator

Enlightened
swampgator....... what kind of run times are you getting with the RCR's with that EO bulb? i have AW's myself from light hound and i was wondering if you really get the 45/60 minutes with rechargables for this bulb.
like you i am completely happy with the SF bulb but i just gotta go the recharge root.

Honestly I don't know. My light gets used a lot at work but in short bursts. I've never left it on to do a complete run time test.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I got off my led kick and bought an e2e today from a fellow member. Had one before, but my house got broken into and it got stolen:mad:. Anyway I ordered a HO-E2A module from Lumanfactory. 110 output for 75 minutes. Thats pretty good considering the 60 lumin one from SF gets the same runtime. One of my favorite SF's:twothumbs

What is it with E2s getting stolen? I had a ROP, a Malkoff'd 6p, a 9z, an 8x, and a handful of Inovas and modded Mags and all they took was my E2e-HA... yeah, the Air Force 1 E2e. :mecry:

ruger357

Newly Enlightened
What is it with E2s getting stolen? I had a ROP, a Malkoff'd 6p, a 9z, an 8x, and a handful of Inovas and modded Mags and all they took was my E2e-HA... yeah, the Air Force 1 E2e. :mecry:

I had a stupid moment. Left it in my nightstand instead of locking it in my safe before going to work.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I didn't lock anything else in my safe, as the entire thing walked off with the perp.

*sigh*

I feel for ya, Ruger. Nobody should ever have to go through that.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear that your flashlight was stolen. The photo shows an E1 rather than an E1e btw. The clip attaches to the bezel rather than the body.

ruger357

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad I didn't lock anything else in my safe, as the entire thing walked off with the perp.

*sigh*

I feel for ya, Ruger. Nobody should ever have to go through that.

Thanks Chrontius, my safe is lag bolted to the floor in the corner of my bedroom. They will have to rip the floor to get that sucker up. Sorry for your loss also.

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that your flashlight was stolen. The photo shows an E1 rather than an E1e btw. The clip attaches to the bezel rather than the body.

You're right, it was an E2.

And you know what? It wasn't stolen. In one of my more paranoid moments, I stuck it in a hidey-hole against the chance my house was broken in to. :shakehead:banghead: