Will a 17670 fit in a Novatac/HDS 2xCR123 tube?

Gatsby

Enlightened
I know that the Novatac is not capable of running of two CR123s (and the HDS can't run on 2x RCR123s for that matter) - but either should run OK with a 17670 - does anyone know if a 17670 will fit in the 2x123 tubes and if the old HDS tubes are compatible with Novatacs?

Just looking for a higher capacity option and trying to sort through the options such as they are (sure wish I could source an affordable 2xAA tube...).

Gatsby

Enlightened
Do the HDS switches work with the Novatac lights as well?

I think the tubes lighthound has now specify that the novatac switches won't work with them...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the tubes lighthound has now specify that the novatac switches won't work with them...

My Novatac works fine with the HDS tailcap... looks better too.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using the 2x123/17670 tube, yes.

I bought one of the 2x123/17670 tubes from Lighthound a while back. Using that tube, all of my HDS and Novatac heads and tail caps are interchangeable.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Battery tube comes with it's own tailcap that works fine with the Novatac. The only problem I noticed using the HDS 2 x 123 battery tube with the Novatac 120P is that it is not as impact resistant(A longer spring in the tailcap should take care of that). If you set the light down with moderate force on the tailcap it will sometimes shut off because of a loss of contact.