how fast did you break your light after buying it

ozner1991

Enlightened
just like the title says:faint:

my record is an week. i had an plastic light that i dropped and i tried to catch it but i couldn't catch it so i accidentily smashed it instead of grabbing it :(

Till

Newly Enlightened
I'm still constantly dropping my lights.

Especially the E1e for some reason.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I always drop my lights, Im just a clutz I guess. My gerber tempo developed a flicker after a few days and the LED aim was way off center. I took it back to REI and have been very happy with it since.

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
Do led upgrades count???
if so I bought a nite ize three led thingy for my mini mag. and it was already brokken. I plugged it in and it was automatically REALLY REALLY dim.(I'm talkin: barely being able to see the light dim...)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say since I haven't broken one yet. Been buying Surefire, Streamlight, and Energizer for about 10 years now and no accidents, no fatalities. Does it count if #1 son lost tailcap to my Energizer LED/CCFL combo?

Right now I have a black G2 (I did replace the Lexan with a Pyrex from FlashlightLens), a Microstream and a Stylus Pro, a Twin Task 2L, an Energizer WeatherReady xenon/3 led lantern, and another Energizer LED/CCFL combo light.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
If and Incan's bulb counts "cost $10 each" When I bought two Bigbeam lanterns on eBay the first I turned it on, off, on, bulb blew:eek:! In under 7 seconds:scowl:! So I'm like that sucks! Well at least I bought two:ohgeez:. I turned the other one on and the bulb instaflashs!!!!:faint::hairpull::banned: Two bulbs $20 gone in less then 30 seconds of receiving them! Granted the lights were made in 1994, but I have one of these bulbs running reliable from 1956:shrug:!

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it was 4 months.

Tried to swap the LED in a Nite-Ize 1 watt plugin.

Applied a little too much heat..."Hey, look at that piece slide off the circuit board" :poof: :ohgeez:

fireboltr

Enlightened
Lets see
Had a Surefire MA02 bad in the new unopened light....So 0 minutes
Had a Dereelight Q2 5A drop in die after about 5 minutes

Honestly though Surefire immediately sent me a new MA02 as soon as I called them....Dereelight did send me a new drop in after a few e-mails....I dont trust the Dereelight drop in due to the way it died....

Till

Newly Enlightened
Surefire sent you a new lamp because the one in a new light was bad?

Does their warranty cover bulbs? Or circumstantially cover bulbs?

fredb

Newly Enlightened
Within half an hour of receiving my Nitecore EX10, I dropped it on a hard tile floor, shattering the lens and bending the bezel.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does their warranty cover bulbs? Or circumstantially cover bulbs?

In my experience they will replace lamp assemblies that have failed unusually quickly. I've heard plenty of cases of people having lamps assemblies die in their first few seconds, which were replaced.

My only experience was with an MN21 that developed cracks/fractures after one set of batteries in an M6. Fortunately SureFire replaced it under the warranty.

If your lamp assembly has stopped working from normal use/at the end of its lifespan, then I doubt it would be covered by the warranty.

Regards,
Tempest

cl0123

Enlightened
Almost an hour!

The beams produced by a WA1185 bulb powered by three protected AW 17670 cells were really a thrilling experience. Once the unprotected 17670 cells were all charged up, I switched cells and :poof:.

Ok, it's not the flashlight, it's just a bulb. :whistle:

With Aloha,

Clarence

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only light I know I broke... was probably a couple months after I got it. I put RCR's in an Inova X03, it never turned on again. =\

ypsifly

Enlightened
About two hours after purchase I dropped a Dorcy 6 watt led on a warehouse floor. The big ugly rubberized tailcap, which looked like it could take a beating, broke at the o-ring. It was dropped at hand level.

This was about six floors up in an abandoned warehouse on Detroit's east side, just as it was getting dark out.:eek:oo: Good thing I had backups.

riomt

Newly Enlightened
opened case, put batteries in...dropped onto granite floor.
a few bounces later, glass smashed into little bits, dented tailcap, lots of cleaning up :oops:

Illum

Flashaholic
broke from use? never!

:hahaha:

Broke from same day modding? just about every attempt...I've resorted to using it for a week THEN decide whether to open it up

:oops::ohgeez: