• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: XR19-PD, Slate McLux III-PD, Mac's Sceptre, Mini-HID, 7000 lumen hotwire, Drake

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
It's sale time, folks! You know the old saying: you can't steal second while your foot's on first. Well, the same is true for lights: you can't buy others if you're still hoarding your earlier purchases. So away they go! This sale's lights include:

(1) McGizmo Ti XR19-PD; (2) Slate McLux III PD; (3) Mac's Sceptre; (4) Mac's 7,000 lumen hotwire; (5) Mini-HID; (6) Modamag's Drake.

group.jpg

xr19pd3.jpg

1) Ti XR19-PD ($639) SOLD!: One of McGizmo's best! A true classic that was purchased straight from Don. It has one of the nicest beam profiles I've ever seen in a light: that perfect combination of flood and throw. She's never been carried in the wild; the closest we got was putting her on a bonzai tree so I could take some sexy pictures. (Please don't tell my wife.) Like all of Don's lights she has a few machining marks on her, but is otherwise pristine - I've never scratched or polished her. Add this one to your collection!

2) McLux III PD (UV1J) - slate, a.k.a black ($315) SOLD!: A classic aluminum PD with the best of the Luxeon emitters. The Uv1J was often described as having a "vanilla" tint that made it great to use outdoors. And those aluminum PDs - well, there's just something about having such a lightweight, strong flashlight. (If I didn't have two other aluminum PDs, this one would be sticking around for an LED-ectomy.). Has newer-style clip and green trit in the PD. Very little use, but two small nicks on its tail end. (No idea how they got there, because this baby hasn't been outside, and she came straight from Don himself. Maybe the post office took her out and fondled her a bit; can't say I blame them.)

3) Mac's Sceptre ($449) - SPF: From the last run of Sceptres, using seven Q5 WC LEDs that pump out 1,100 lumens for over an hour - or, if you need it, 350 lumens for 4 hours. Made with mac's absolutely impeccable machining quality, this light is really a piece of art: perfect threading, high quality components (UCL lens, premium battery holder, etc.). Great light. Purchased here.

4) Mac's 7,000 lumen 3" Hotwire ($399) - SOLD!: Yes folks, 7,000 lumens coming out of something that's about the same size as a 2-D cell light. You really have to see this one to believe it. Fire-engine red, with a 3" head, custom battery pack by LuxLuthor, and all the quality you've come to expect from a custom cmacclel build. Has some light wear where it rolled around on the carpeted floor of my car for a weekend when we went camping, but other than that, she's exactly how she arrived - gorgeous, compact, and bright! Want more info? Check out the purchase thread.

5) Mini HID (Now $195): Runs on 3x14500s. Get an HID in a sweet silver mag body! I purchased this light here, but ended up sticking with my 14w mini-mini-HID. What I don't like: to get the tightest focal point, the head has to be unscrewed almost all the way (too risky for me up here in cold Alaska), making it feel like it's just about to fall off, and the battery carrier is not a FM carrier but rather a plastic 3AA-1D. That said, here's what I do like: the color temperature of this bulb is much warmer than my mini-mini, making it great for use outdoors. If you want throw, this HID's for you.

6) Drake (chrome), by Modamag ($135) ($125)(Now $115): A wonderous light; how does he make it so small?! Little brother to the Draco (which I carry *everywhere*), I bought this light for my wife, who decided that she liked the Orb Wee even better. (C'est la vie.) Great condition. Never carried - my wife just couldn't get used to the UI. The LED is an unknown-bin cree (definitely a post-Luxeon light, as I got it only about 9 months ago.) No charger, since I already had one for my Draco. Has a green trit in its butt! Price will be going down to $115 at midnight if it's still here.

That's it - good luck!

Standard rules apply: first to state an unconditional "I'll take it" in the thread wins. Feel free to PM me with any questions, and I'll try to answer as quickly as I can. Shipping is free: I'll send your small lights via USPS priority 2-3 day mail with delivery confirmation, and your bigger lights via slightly slower package, or by cargo train if I'm selling a tank light. :nana: (Sadly, insurance isn't free, so if you want to make sure it's safe after it leaves my hands at the post office, please be sure to purchase insurance. I'd be happy to get you a quote.) I take Paypal, and you'll be my best friend if you use cash Paypal. If you'd like to use a credit-card funded PayPal, they charge me 4.9%; I''ll split the costs with you. I'd also accept checks or M.O.s, and will ship the lights as soon as the payment clears my bank. Happy hunting, and don't forget - releasing the lights back into the wild is half the fun; it's what lets you start hunting for more!

- FITP

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Thanks folks! Well, #1 is sold to roccomo, while #2 is on its way to the PSM compound (where it'll be in good company and have many other McGizmos to play with).

First post updated accordingly.

chago

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Brandon. Just did a little search before pulling the trigger and saw some beam shots taken by you of the sceptre vs a ti PD-S (probably my favorite edc light ever). Awesome! Just had to have it:D

zoran

Enlightened
4) Mac's 7,000 lumen 3" Hotwire ($399): Yes folks, 7,000 lumens coming out of something that's about the same size as a 2-D cell light. You really have to see this one to believe it. Fire-engine red, with a 3" head, custom battery pack by LuxLuthor, and all the quality you've come to expect from a custom cmacclel build. Has some light wear where it rolled around on the carpeted floor of my car for a weekend when we went camping, but other than that, she's exactly how she arrived - gorgeous, compact, and bright! Want more info? Check out the purchase thread.

I'll take it, please PM me your payment info.

Thanks.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Number 4 is sold to zoran; number 3 is SPF to chago. Thanks!

Also, in response to a PM, sorry - the Drake doesn't come with a charger. First post updated accordingly.

- FITP

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Your guess is as good as mine; it was like that when I purchased it (see link above for the exact thread). I'm not sure who created this HID, as the ones I'm most familiar with run on either 3xR123s or 3x17670. Guess that makes this one just all the more unique!

- FITP

What happened to the FiveMega hold that powers the 3 17670 cells for the HID?

The Coach

Enlightened
Taking a big lead off of first, he asks, is #1 a done deal or can I get backup just in case second base is open. :thinking:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Heh. Afraid not. While I'd have loved for the XR19 to make her way into your avatar (she loves basketball, I've heard), I'm afraid that roccomo already paid. The light's already packed up and ready to go!

Guess I should have priced everything just a bit higher, eh? :sssh:

- FITP

Taking a big lead off of first, he asks, is #1 a done deal or can I get backup just in case second base is open. :thinking:

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Wow, those PDs went quick. I knew I should have checked BST this morning before heading out. I have been looking for a slate PD and I miss out on 2 in one day!

That sceptre looks awesome and I love the symmetry of the photo. What a nice set of lights. :twothumbs Makes me wonder what you are saving up for!