ex10 re-chargeables?

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
i got my grey trustfires from dx today and they don't fit my ex10- is there a re-chargeable that does?

also- i think my ex10 is an early production model and i was wondering if they've made improvements in later production runs?

thanks all,
notso

edit: now i have to buy a 123 light that the trustfires do fit- damn. :party:

Last edited:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I know that AW Brand cells fit. They are available at CPFM, Lighthound, Fenix Store, And 4Sevens.com.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The cheap RCR123's from DX and the like are not sized to the CR123 spec, so they don't fit in lights with high tolerances (high end lights), and usually only fit cheap lights.

Quality RCR123's like AW's are sized properly, and fit just fine.

mitch79

Newly Enlightened
My grey Trustfire's don't work either. They fit in the body but are too long.
When the head is tightened down there isn't enough piston movement left to depress the contact ring.
My AW RCR123's are the correct length and function just fine :).

jbviau

Enlightened
I'll cautiously agree with others who have said the AW RCR123s fit "fine" in their EX10s. I hesitate a little because I (and my wife) have noticed that the piston action is stiffer with the rechargeable than it is on primaries. Maybe I got a slightly long-ish cell. Anyway, when I first got my AW RCR123 and popped it in, I thought something was wrong. After a few minutes the spring must have loosened up because after that everything worked as it should (though I needed to apply a little more pressure...still do). A similar mini break-in period seems to be required every time I take the rechargeable battery out to charge and then put it back in. It's a very minor annoyance.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ultrafire's can be also used in Lumapower LM33 with excellent results. :grin2:

BTW the use of 3.7V cells in this light is officially approved by the manufacturer.