where should I buy 10440's and a charger from for a LOD

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think im gonna finally give in and get a 10440 for my LOD and wasnt sure the best brand or charger to get or where to get them from. DX? Also, I know there are a ton of threads on this subject, but what are the risks involved and will I still be able to go back to nimh or alkies if I want to? Also it puts out more light on all levels right, but the runtime is reduced I believe? Thanks

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will using these have any effect on my ever using normal alkies or nimh again? Does that charger have overcharging protection? Thanks

rockz4532

Enlightened
if you look on flashlightreviews.com using alkaline or nimh is about 15 min on high, i suggest using lithium aaa's. They last a hour on high

whitedoom34

Newly Enlightened
you, sir, obviously have not experienced the light recoil from the ~140 lumens spiling out of that little light... assuming that the op is talking about the L0D CE

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah I have the lod ce, still noone has told me, can I go back to nimh or alkalines after using a 10440? I can right?

Gator762

Enlightened
yeah I have the lod ce, still noone has told me, can I go back to nimh or alkalines after using a 10440? I can right?

From what I have read, there is some chance you might fry the boost circuit and then can only get usable output from LiIon. No idea just how much of a chance it is.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks, I guess I'll take the risk. Doesn't seem to be happening to very many people.

ScottW

Newly Enlightened
I've been running mine on 10440s since I got it, about 18 months I'd guess. I just went and dropped in a NiMH and all modes/levels work as expected- properly but with lower output of course.

Without dragging out the digicam for a serious comparison (I only have one L0D) my short-term recollection tells me that on 10440s, the primary level (medium) is at least as bright and possibly brighter than high with a NiMH. Even if a 10440 could hurt the regulator circuit (low likelihood IMO) you probably won't care anyway once you see the lumens spewing forth from that little monster. :devil:

I'm using cells from DX, and the Ultrafire charger they and other places sell that accommodates up to 18650s, with spacers of course.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've run a P4 and a Q4 model extensively on 10440's, and neither has had trouble with NiMH, lithium primary or alkaline cells since then.

I use AW cells and the Nano charger.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everybody! I already ordered a pair of 10440's and a nano charger from aw, can't wait until they arrive!

Latest posts