m20 warrior,, vs ,, eagletac t10l, claiming same lumens,

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I am still reading everything i can find out about lights, hoping to pick a good one. I really like the sound of the eagletac t10l, this is the new one that is made for just the 18650 battery and is fully regulated. They are claiming 255lumens , but the numbers that eagletac are claiming seems to upset alot of people on this forum.

Why shouldnt it make 255 lumens, that is what the M20 is claiming "yes why not, their might be a very good explanation" I am kindoff between these two lights right now.

M20 looks cooler, comes from a proven company, has more light settings.
but doesnt run regulated on 18650's,

The eagletac is regulated for constant output , claims big runtimes, is about 32.00 bucks cheaper.
but has only 2 settings "not really a big deal for me", and its an unproven company.

All this was starting up as i was about to order a aw-charger and an aw18650 battery from 4 sevens.com, Then i started with the thought of more lumens from the eagletac rcr123 light that claims 295 lumens. Man this is a pain.

Does it sound like i atleast know what im talking about when making this decision, or am i missing anything?

And why shouldnt the new eagletac be able to put out as many lumens as the olight with the same battery?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was pretty skeptical about Eagletac's output claims.... but Lightreviews showed me they do bring high output to the table. I have not seen their new 18650 light.... but I would say buy one if you like....take some pics and post a review. That way the rest of us might pick some up as well because of your recomdation.

Also....unless a light is defective or has a horible beam....I just do not think there are any bad HO lights anymore....they all put out around 200+ lumens and compared to the lights of a few years ago...are on a whole new level. Good luck with your choice.

I do have a Olight and can tell you it is a nice light.

I just looked at lighthound's and PTS's sight (the 2 USA listed dealers) I do not see the T10L listed...just AA and 123a lights.... Is the T10L availible from a US Dealer?

Last edited:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I just looked at lighthound's and PTS's sight (the 2 USA listed dealers) I do not see the T10L listed...just AA and 123a lights.... Is the T10L availible from a US Dealer?

the EagleTac store (run by 4sevens) has the T10L on 'preorder', says it's expected to ship by 30 September (tomorrow).

It seems like the T10L and T10C2 are redundant. Couldn't they save on packaging and manufacturing costs by using 1 driver that takes from 2V (low end of a 18650) to 8.4v (two RCR123s hot off the charger) ? Maybe that's more difficult than it sounds, but I think they'd sell better if they were more versatile. :shrug:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the 295 lumens claims that really gets some of us I think...
We've gotten used to the lies about the 265, so the first company to up the ante on the BS will likely elicit a bit more of a response than those who are just following.
Very few of the mass produced lights out there are actually putting out over 200 lumens.

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I wish someone in here would do a test on these claims of big output. I could buy the eagletac, with a AW-charger and a 18650 battery for the same price as the m20, but the m20 looks so darn cool.

mazdazoomzoom

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm new to the board. I was researching for a flashlight and I compared between the EagleTac, Fenix, and Olight. I finally went for the EagleTac T10L and it's amazingly bright! From what I've read the T10L holds up its brightness very well with 18650, whereas the Olight and the Fenix drops its output in 5-10 minutes with the same cell.

Just my 2 cents.:party:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish someone in here would do a test on these claims of big output. I could buy the eagletac, with a AW-charger and a 18650 battery for the same price as the m20, but the m20 looks so darn cool.

your wish can easily be granted. buy the light and send it to me for testing, its that simple. I would love see what its real out the front (OTF) lumens really are as would a lot of other people. I am guessing that its no better than 230 lumens out the front on a fresh charge for your 18650 battery type model.

How bad do you want to know? PM if you are serious.

Personally I would still get the 2 CR123 battery type one and not use RCR's and have better output and good run time. But since my Fenix T1 and Malkoff M60s and M60F's and Solarforce R2s still all work great, its kind of hard to justify yet another light in the middle of this pack type of deal. But you deserve to know, so buy it and ship it to me.

I will pay return shipping to you just for the sake of science and getting a real answer. G

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could buy the eagletac, with a AW-charger and a 18650 battery for the same price as the m20, but the m20 looks so darn cool.

I agree 100%! This has been a topic of great interest to me for a few weeks now. I have yet to own an OLight and have been most impressed with the look and power of the M20. For 18650 the Eagletac 10L offers regulation. IF you think you'd like to ever run CR/RCR123s, the M20 would be better. I already ordered my 18650 charger and a couple cells!

I'll probably order the 10L from Mike at PTS.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at PhotonFest 11 at Milky's house on Saturday. 4sevens sent a big box lights for everyone to look at and test. Lights from Fenix, Dosun, EagleTac, Polarion, and others. The EagleTac lights really impressed me. The 2xAA light, P10A2 iirc, and the single 18650 light really caught my eye. I compared the single 18650 light to other 18650 lights [Fenix & Dosun] and to me the EagleTac was the nicest. Fenix and ET had visually identical lows & highs and a similar brightness selector ring. The ET was the smallest, which I liked. The beam pattern and brightness levels of the lights were so close there was no real difference. The Fenix had a warmer tint. I did not like the Dosun lights as much.

If the ET was less expensive, then it's a no-brainer to me. I doubt anyone would be disappointed with it. I was amazed by its brightness.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like the T10L and T10C2 are redundant. Couldn't they save on packaging and manufacturing costs by using 1 driver that takes from 2V (low end of a 18650) to 8.4v (two RCR123s hot off the charger) ? Maybe that's more difficult than it sounds, but I think they'd sell better if they were more versatile. :shrug:
I'm no expert but it must be harder than it sounds because most lights can't seem to have optimal runtimes for both 3v to 4v [range of single li-ion rechargable] and 6v-8v [range of two primary or two rechargeable].

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at PhotonFest 11 at Milky's house on Saturday. 4sevens sent a big box lights for everyone to look at and test. Lights from Fenix, Dosun, EagleTac, Polarion, and others. The EagleTac lights really impressed me. The 2xAA light, P10A2 iirc, and the single 18650 light really caught my eye. I compared the single 18650 light to other 18650 lights [Fenix & Dosun] and to me the EagleTac was the nicest. Fenix and ET had visually identical lows & highs and a similar brightness selector ring. The ET was the smallest, which I liked. The beam pattern and brightness levels of the lights were so close there was no real difference. The Fenix had a warmer tint. I did not like the Dosun lights as much.

If the ET was less expensive, then it's a no-brainer to me. I doubt anyone would be disappointed with it. I was amazed by its brightness.

This is the very light I just sent MrGman a PM about. I will send it to him so he can test it - along with a couple of stipulations.

Kabible

Enlightened
I just got the T10L today. Very nice build quality. IMO, the beam profile is fantastic. Medium size hotspot with soft edges, very bright sidespill with ample diameter. My Jet II IBS throws a bit further, has dimmer & narrower sidespill. I think the T10L beam will be much more usable for most applications.

The tint is ever so slightly green but acceptable. The clip is difficult to use so I took it off. The light is very comfortable to hold and switching from Hi/Lo on the fly is easy.

On "Light Reviews.com", the T10L turned off after nearly 2 Hrs in Hi mode running on AW's protected 18650. Mine simply dropped to its low mode after about 1.5 Hrs running with an unprotected 18650. The cell measured 2.2v :sick2:. Time to get some protected 18650s.

I'll be comparing the T10L to an Olight M20 R2 that's comming soon.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sent off my EagleTac P10A2 off to Mr G to test in the IS system that he has access to.

Hopefully, sometime next week, there will be some finality as to whether the lumen output (at least on the 2AA light) is as EagleTac claims or not. :popcorn:

Last edited:

brjones

Newly Enlightened
"Non-Tactical" 18650 by Eagletac: Will it ever happen?

Eagletac's models are split between "Tactical" (models starting with "T"), and "Personal" (models starting with "P").

There is some overlap or similarity from P to T models. For instance, the CR123A-powered P10C has its T10C sibling. Also, the P10C2 (2 batteries) has its T10C2 sibling.

The main difference that I can tell between P and T, are that T models have wider reflectors, which mean they can throw farther ("P" models will be more floody). I haven't compared, but even length appears to be similar or same. I don't know if any parts overlap or are interchangeable, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I've noticed there is no "Personal" ("non-tactical") version of the T10L, which is the 18650 version of the T10C2. It seems like with the P10C2 already being made to mostly exactly the same dimensions, that it would've been an easy addition to add a "P10L" -- to continue logically with their naming convention. All that would be necessary, it seems, is a slightly modified driver (or maybe even use the same driver as the P10C?), and bore the same battery body out 1 or 2 mm wider. That's it, literally. Anyone know why this hasn't happened? I would like to see it--it's a logical model to include.

If you search for "P10L", you will get 3 typos from CPF users, and one apparent typo cached from google from Eagletac's home page, however when you go to the cache, even then you can't find reference to that non-existant model, so I assume it was a typo even on their (or their webmaster's) part.

Any votes for the P10L? Although I'll probably pick up a T10L myself (and might have anyway, even if the "P" version were available--maybe not), I think a lot of bike riders and those who either want a smaller flashlight, or actually prefer a floodier beam, would buy it, and like it.

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
brjones - I would buy a P10L if it was available. My only drawback to the T10L was that I would want it easier to carry in a pocket, which it would be if it had the smaller reflector - my almost perfect light! Since this light doesn't exist right now though, I would probably get the T10L.

Kabible - The M20 vs T10L would be an interesting matchup - let us know how they compare! :)

Kabible

Enlightened
Still waiting for the M20 :sweat:

The T10L reveiw at Light reveiws.com indicates that the "T" series reflector gives a broader beam, contrary to what would be expected. I think Eagletac designed a really good reflector here. IMO, the beam profile gives THE perfect blend of medium sized hotspot that smoothly transitions to bright & broad spill W/O any Cree rings. What is seen in the reveiw's beamshot of the beam profile, is very close to what I see in real life on a white wall. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure I will pick up one of the eagletac's, but I really have been enjoying the low level of the M20. When walking around the house at night, sometimes a few lumens is better than 45 or 80 when you do not want to wake up those who sleep with their doors open.