Is Dorcy AAA gone??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I searched around and could not find much new info on the old Dorcy AAA and wonder if anyone else has noticed that they are no longer sold at Wal-Mart. I have checked all 3 in my area and none have the old Dorcy AAA LED in stock.....could not even find a bare tag with a label.

Can anyone else say if the stores in your area have any?.....I used so many of these cheap lights for mods and they seemed to be very popular and sold well. If they truly are now gone I wonder as to why.

Marduke

Flashaholic
They were sold on clearance over the past several months. There was a decent sized thread in the MP on it. I kept my eye out for the mythical black one on sale, but no dice.

There is now a $3 1xAAA Rayovac light which you might want to look at.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
They were sold on clearance over the past several months. There was a decent sized thread in the MP on it. I kept my eye out for the mythical black one on sale, but no dice.

The black Dorcy 1AAA model is no myth. I have one. It comes with a regular reflector. (No fish-eye optic).

I found two of them about a year ago, at Wal-Mart; behind some standard 1AAA models. Only bought one. I thought Dorcy was re-releasing them. Guess I was wrong.

Actually, I was in Wal-Mart a couple of months ago. I don't recall seeing any Dorcy 1AAA models. Been awhile longer since I've been to K-Mart, but I know they had 1AAA Dorcys.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
All 3 of the Walmarts I go to seem to have discontinued the Dorcy 1xAAA LED too. I bought one a few months ago and am glad I did! I like its large and floody circle of light.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never seen the point of making a light run on AAAs and then give it a wider head...

The Dorcy AAA has been popular in the U.S. in large part because of it's cheap price,variety of colors and output in the reflectored versions.The link gives a price double what you would have paid at Wal-Mart.I have several and paid less than $6 each.Quality is also decent for the money and I think many have found them easy to mod.I never liked the fish-eye version as it seems to have a much lower output than the reflector version.
In reference to the OP's question I haven't noticed them at Wal-Mart lately either.Maybe a check of Dorcy's web page will reveal if they are still listed or have been discontinued.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also like to add that my local Wal-Marts had them on clearance, including a new WM that had them for a week and they put them on clearance. I'm sure it's because of the cheaper Rayovac 1aaa, which sucks compared to the Dorcy. K-mart still has them, both Dorcy and Craftsman and they're like 9 dollars.

thezman

Enlightened
Last time I was at my local Walmart and Kmart( 2 weeks ago), they both had some in stock.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Are the packaging materials different between the fish-eye version, and the reflector/lens model?

Apparently they are all over the www still... but its hard to tell what kind of optic it is...:eek:

This thread has suddenly sparked more of my interest, last night I dropped and killed my X1-V2:(

thanks

watt4

Enlightened
quite a popular light, judging by the responses in this thread. I am keeping the ones I have. :)

dorcy is on the left

f_dorcycmgarcm_b06b4ac.jpg