DIRECT DRIVE P7?

customlight

Newly Enlightened
Hi i am going to be building a direct drive p7 and was wondering if any of you could recommend a suitable power source. If i run 12v is that too much for the P7 to handle? i have one 4 cell mag and one 6 cell mag i am going to be modding. Would NiMh batteries be better at 1.2v per cell or Li-ion at 3.7v. I want these lights to be as bright as possible, any help, advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

DocD

Enlightened
A P7 runs between 3.25v and 3.75v this is down to the bins you buy? so you need to find a battery pack at that voltage or use a driver, but most DD use a MAG 3D or any one of the many 18650 to power a P7.

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Mine is a stock 3c mag running three 1.2v nimh c cells. They are cheap, about 10 bucks a piece for the really good ones. Wire in your p7 on a heatsink, drop in three batts and away you go. My fav lite by far. I use it every single day for something. Good luck

g

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Many of us are driving P7's with single LiIon batteries (4.2V max). I have yet to destroy one in that configuration. Much above that and you need a resistor or a buck driver.