What would you change about your EX10 ?

Budman231

Enlightened
I like to think that wish lists get special attention especially on this forum. The EX10 is probably the closest EDC to perfect that I have had. Although it is close, there is always room for improvment so here goes...

1. Easier to push piston switch - Admittingly I probably don't have the proper lube on the O ring so mine is annoyingly firm to depress.
2. An attachable/screw on Belt Clip - One that's heavy duty and not flimsy feeling.
3. Tritium locator slots on three sides and the top of piston
4. A Rebel-100 or simlar LED with no ringy beam - I find crees all ringy although the EX10 is better than the smooth reflector P2D series.
5. Smoother Threads - Compared to my P2D, the threads just don't feel that smooth. Again maybe a lube thing, not sure.
6. A stainless Steel or Titanium version would be cool
7. Optional strobe mode - I know many don't like strobe, but I do. It's a great signaling feature but certainly doesn't have to be part of the normal GUI. Maybe a special push combination so something...
8. Battery level indicator - 4 Flashes for Full, 3 for 3/4 full, etc...

Other than these things, It's pretty close to perfect for me...

Budman

chandelier

Newly Enlightened
about the first request on your list, try swapping the piston oring for the spare head oring you got with the light. This is the perfect match imo. I started to love this light the day I changed that oring, so much smooother!

worth a try :thumbsup:

Axion

Enlightened
Smart ramping like the D20

Double click for HI, click hold for LOW. Reason being, if I want hi I want it now, but I can wait for low and it's faster to double click then it is to click and hold and wait for .5 sec.

optional 18650 battery tube

A slightly deeper and wider reflector that takes advantage of the fact the EX10 has a wider body then the D10. I would not mind one bit if the EX10 grew .25" in length or so to make this happen.

The clip that 4 sevens is already coming out with.

Make those changes and I think the EX10 would be a near perfect carry light.

GeneralTsao

Banned
Thicker walls, crenalated Ti Bezel, Stouter Threads and what not lose the ramping and go with the mechanical 2 levels. Like the Arc6

brucec

Enlightened
1. Watertight head assembly
2. Eliminate sticky piston rings (no tweaking of the ring gap or lubing of the spring)
3. No ramping, just 3 or 4 modes
4. 18650 tube & piston
5. Slightly crenellated bezel ring

Actually, just item 1&2 are necessary for me. This is a great first run product.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
My piston was a wee bit sticky until I removed the lube from the end around the raised thumb press area. Now it's very nice. The spring is a bit firm, but I like it that way.
I really like the UI with the ramping and with the shortcuts to min and max.
I dunno if I would change anything on my EX10:thinking:
But I would love to see a new head on the upcoming EX20. If they could steal the reflector assembly from the EagleTac T10C and fit it into the EX20, I would be thrilled. The EagleTac T10C has a huge, wide, bright beam that I really like. Combine that beam with the Nitecore PD and UI, and it would be perfect.

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
3 user defined output levels or as it currently is with HI and LOW but with one user defined level.

EDIT: did not read the title properly. This is what would make me buy an EX10.

FsTop

Enlightened
Like the D10, it needs to be supplied with a translucent plastic diffuser cap, for better spread of the beam for close-up use.

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
smart ramping, d20 style.

deeper, wider reflector, even if it makes the ex10 a tad longer (i'm okay with as much as a half inch).

stainless steel option with less knurling- more ribs and flutes instead (mcg
izmo/arc6).

2 stage mechanical switch- low and high.

essentially a different light, though. i like my ex10 just fine... but if thex made this at the same price...

massimocaya

Newly Enlightened
is a good edc flashlight, but :

1 - TITANIUM !! :twothumbs

2 - removable clip !

3 - little SS crenellated bezel

4 - slotted piston

5 - not knurling for titanium version ( smoth / flute )

6 - P7 or MC-E led :devil:

Last edited:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to use mine without o-rings. Any o-ring at all makes it too sluggish and hard to operate. The switching is imprecise and vague. Ramps too slowly. Eliminate gap between bezel and body.

Yes, I cleaned, used Deoxit, Pro Gold, relubed with different lubricants and tried a variety of o-rings.

ironhorse

Enlightened
If you asked me when I first got it I would say the UI, but now I have that down, the only thing I can say is lower price?
Well, I bought one and I am cheap, so what can I say.
Nothing.

artec540

Enlightened
Reading through this list of wants, I feel sorry for the manufacturers! They try to come up with the system that pleases the most people and there are still lots of different wants!
Personally, I would use the dim level more if it were less dim. I never seem to get the ramping just where I want it so I wind up using it on full bright most of the time.