Easy way to put Inova's back together...

riversedge

Newly Enlightened
I've seen others have problems with this:whistle:.

I've modded a couple of Inova X1's to take a MM+ sandwich, and have come up with(actually, it came up with me:p) an easy peasy means of putting them back together. A 5" C-clamp and a piece of thick cardboard at each end.

Center it and s-l-o-w-l-y compress it.;)

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a huge wood clamp, and turn the opposing handles at the same time. It seals the head evenly and smoothly. I have done this with the X1, the X5 and a T3.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a huge wood clamp, and turn the opposing handles at the same time. It seals the head evenly and smoothly. I have done this with the X1, the X5 and a T3.

You actually got an X5 apart? Wow I'm impressed! :faint:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Would a wooden bench, a hammer, a square of thick leather, and a good whack not do the job?
probably not if it is too tight you would have to continually whack it for a long time and too hard a whack could jar the innards like pushing a car with another car or crashing into it with one to move it.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it involves filling the light with water and then freezing it; but yea, it's not too easy.

Well Freeze popping usually works on the X1, X0, X03, T1, T2, T3. But afaik it doesn't really work on the X5. But then again there have been a couple different iterations of it, so its hard to say. I think the X5 has thwarted many CPF attempts in the past.