Looking for this kind of light

jstalford

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a light that has a multi level primary led (white) with a secondary red led, possibly even with red and blue, but that's not a requirement. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks for the help.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Ra Twisty the one that makes use of the Osram Golden Dragon and its secondary red junction?

jstalford

Newly Enlightened
Whoa, thanks for all the replies. Does anyone have both the Proton PRO and the Coleman exponent that could comment on their comparative quality and water resistance?
What about the reliability/quality of the Tomahawk MC? Does the MC have the extra durability or the GP?
Probably end up getting one of the cheaper ones and then a Kroma later. I didn't realize the Kroma had a low level for the white.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
The Photon Proton Pro is much more water resistant. It's also has infinitely variable brightness on both beams.

Yapo

Enlightened
hmm...I'm suddenly getting the urge for a proton pro now...I've been wanting a light with a very low low mode for awhile now. Does the lowest mode on the cree get anywhere as low or lower than the novatac 120P's 0.3lumen?
The coleman looks pretty cool as well!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Proton Pro gets decently low but I doubt it reaches HDS lows. The red however goes very very low. I haven't bought the coleman exponent, however there was a review of one here on CPF so try searching the reviews forums. I don't think either are rated to be waterproof but both are likely able to stand a drop in the swimming pool. I'd personaly go for the exponent 1 or 2 CR123 light over the 3AAA light if you're considering the coleman. Besides the family store discount makes it a pretty attractive price.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably end up getting one of the cheaper ones and then a Kroma later. I didn't realize the Kroma had a low level for the white.
I wouldn't even bother with the Kroma. Unless the angle-head design bothers you, I can't think of a single aspect of the current Kroma that isn't met or exceeded by the Tomahawk.

Last edited:

Yapo

Enlightened
I heard that the proton pro uses a low PWM frequency...is it really noticeable? and does anyone know the dimensions of the lens it uses? I have an unused 18mm UCL with the diffused layer but it seems quite thick so i wonder if it will fit in to smooth out the beam...