Streamlight Ultra Stinger LED?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just issued a new unmarked Chevrolet Impala last week and part of the change over is the Streamlight Stinger charger. I have actually had an incandescent Streamlight Stinger in the old car for the past four years, but it has basically served as a back up to my Pelican 7060. However, they now tell me that I will soon be issued a Streamlight Stinger LED, but it is unclear if it is a DS, or not. Also, have both the DS and non-DS models been upgraded to C4 LED or was it C4 LED originally?

The other question I have is about the Ultra Stinger. I did have one a while back and ended up selling it, but it was a pretty nice light and I was wondering if there has ever been any discussion of an Ultra Stinger LED? Or, for that matter, would there even be any interest in an Ultra Stinger LED?

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would probably be overkill, based on the capabilities of LEDs today. You can get 150-200 lumens with decent runtime in a smaller package.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point. I was thinking that same thing when Pelican announced the 8060, but on the other hand a long run time can be very attractive to some folks.