Heroes

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok guys,

I did a quick search on the forum and found there isn't a thread about the NBC series "Heroes"... so here goes!

Anybody catch tonight's episode? I'm kinda confused about why Meredith (Claire's mom) started suffocating her in the crate. Otherwise I love the 3rd season so far.

Mods, if there's already a "Heroes" thread then you can close/merge this one.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
To prove that invulnerability and no pain doesn't mean you can't suffer. To scare her into giving up the "I want to be a superhero" crap.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liked the first season. Too bad about the writer's strike last year. It seemed like they abandoned the poor Irish girl in the future somewhere. This year seems to be switching the good guy and bad guy roles a little bit. Should be interesting to see where it all goes. Sylar may shape up to be the star of the season. Looks like Mohinder Suresh is getting "The Fly" treatment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091064/

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
To prove that invulnerability and no pain doesn't mean you can't suffer. To scare her into giving up the "I want to be a superhero" crap.

Ok gotcha, makes a 1,000,000 times more sense now. Now I know her mom isn't some weird crazy sadistic lady.:party:
Looks like Mohinder Suresh is getting "The Fly" treatment.

That's exactly what I thought. Heck with his hair, he kinda looks like Jeff Goldblum from "The Fly"!:huh:

For any hard rock fans out there, Sylar looks a lot like Pete Loeffler from Chevelle.:laughing: I can't help but think Sylar's going to break out of a scene and start singing "Vitamin R".:whistle:

Last edited:

cryhavok

Enlightened
My girlfriend and I are huge fans of the show.

lol about that Irish girl...I totally forgot about her :laughing:

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Save the Flashlight... er Cheerleader, Save the World!

I wonder if the ability to produce their own light or project light (to light up a room or area) that was not a fireball sort of thing was ever considered?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about the crate scene and I found a hole in the plot... if the fire created by Meredith was consuming all of the oxygen in the enclosure, why wasn't Meredith suffocating as well?:shakehead:laughing:

PetaBread

Enlightened
Season 3 is getting better. I never really watched TV all too much until

this show aired. Plus that girl who plays Clare is hot. :thumbsup:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Season 3 is getting better. I never really watched TV all too much until

this show aired. Plus that girl who plays Clare is hot. :thumbsup:

Do you mean Hayden Panettiere? Oh yes. She. Is. Hot.:drool:

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too watch Heroes but I am getting pretty bored with the theme this season.

Government agents grab those with special abilities, then some escape, then some are grabbed again, others are temporarily ignored, then gone after,.... Now they started killing off a few, probably realizing that not much was happening in the plot otherwise.

Also these with special abilities seem to have not spent all that much time and effort in preparing for adversity, even when rich and powerful.

Senator Nathan for instance finds himself with less than $100 bucks in hand (unable to pay for more than 1 night at a cheap Mexican motel!) the moment they start chasing him. And he CAN FLY! Wouldn't he be able to fly somewhere remote and place some stash of cash and other supplies, for example, to prepare for bad times?

The very rich and old and networked Petrelli matriarch also all of a sudden has to find refuge in a church (where she is immediately tracked, how?) - why not a safe house somewhere? (which in fact I believe she had in earlier seasons given her role in chasing others with special abilities at that time).

The whole thing just seems made up somehow filling time with little of interest.

Last edited:

KD5XB

Enlightened
Heroes? I guess I don't watch enough TV -- my first thought was that I met a Marine with a Purple Heart in Albuquerque a few days ago. Dunno anything about a TV show.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heroes? Dunno anything about a TV show.

The first season wasn't too bad. You can check out the DVDs. Both of the first two seasons' plot lines were resolved in their season finales. You don't see that too often. That was one thing I liked about the show.

Hoggy

Newly Enlightened
Do you mean Hayden Panettiere? Oh yes. She. Is. Hot.:drool:

Yes, Hayden does have some extraordinary beauty, that's for damn sure! I can't get over how smooth her complexion is! :huh:
I'm normally one for longer hair, but I think she looked better with shorter hair. She seems to be trying out something new with this long hair now..
But enough of the horny male talk.. :devil:

I too watch Heroes but I am getting pretty bored with the theme this season.

Government agents grab those with special abilities, then some escape, then some are grabbed again, others are temporarily ignored, then gone after,.... Now they started killing off a few, probably realizing that not much was happening in the plot otherwise.

Also these with special abilities seem to have not spent all that much time and effort in preparing for adversity, even when rich and powerful.

Senator Nathan for instance finds himself with less than $100 bucks in hand (unable to pay for more than 1 night at a cheap Mexican motel!) the moment they start chasing him. And he CAN FLY! Wouldn't he be able to fly somewhere remote and place some stash of cash and other supplies, for example, to prepare for bad times?

Yeah. I didn't get that either.. They have special abilities and are being hunted down, yet Nathan himself doesn't have anything stashed away somewhere??? Come ON! Especially since he was hunting down his own kind! Yeah... Right...

The whole thing just seems made up somehow filling time with little of interest.

But that's like ALL tv shows? Kinda like "Lost"? :D
But we continue to watch and enjoy them nonetheless!:party: