LED Drop-in Modules for Pelican Lights (PM6 and M3)

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
Apologies if this topic is a duplicate. I did some searching, but the number of items found was a bit overwhelming and much of it I did not understand well enough to use the information.

What I need: Cree LED (or comparable) drop-in modules for Pelican M3 (aluminum body, uses 3 CR123A batteries, 9V) and PM6 (plastic body, uses 2 CR123A batteries, 6V) lights.

Something comparable to the items you can get from places like DealExtreme for the SureFire lights would be ideal. If they can produce the insane amounts of light that seems to be standard for inexpensive LEDs these days, I'll be happy.

Pointers to good topics would be great too.

THANKS!

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
DealExtreme LED Drop-ins and the Pelican M3 3370

Since I posted my original message in this topic, I've learned a few things.

I discovered a review on DealExtreme that used a Cree R2 drop-in (#11836) in a Pelican M6. Since the internal dimensions of the M3 3370 (a 9V light) are the same as the M6 lights, I decided to experiment.

I had an old drop-in module from Deal Extreme with a Cree P4 (#1447) that I had removed from one of my SureFire G2s after I installed an 11836 in it. I tried it one of my Pelican 3370s and it works fine. So I tried another 1447 in another Pelican, but it only produced a very dim light (I think that particular module is not working any longer).

So I tried an 11836 in the Pelican, but it won't function at all. The same module works great in a SureFire G2, but it's dead in a Pelican M3 3370.

Does anyone have any ideas why the 1447 works with the Pelican, but the 11836 does not?

Any ideas how to make the 11836 function in the Pelican (given that my electronics skills are severely limited)?

Thanks!

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: DealExtreme LED Drop-ins and the Pelican M3 3370

Guys over here are working on it but I don't know if their recomendations are only for the LED versions.

-LT

rhino465

Newly Enlightened

Guys over here are working on it but I don't know if their recomendations are only for the LED versions.

-LT

Thanks!

I appreciate the pointer. I try to use the search feature on here, but the amount and depth of the information available is a bit overwhelming to me, especially since I can't visit here regularly to try to stay current.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

I appreciate the pointer. I try to use the search feature on here, but the amount and depth of the information available is a bit overwhelming to me, especially since I can't visit here regularly to try to stay current.

No problem. The search function can be hit or miss and I had just tripped over that thread myself.

Good luck.
-LT

rhino465

Newly Enlightened

Interestingly enough, I also accidentally found that same topic and when I clicked on your pointer, one of my own responses were at the bottom! Heh.

Thanks again!