Dexter - season three

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Dexter fan's,
I know there's at least one of you out there. Where do you think season three is headed and how would you like to see the plot develop this season?

* Is Jimmy Smit's character dirty and does he know why his brother went to visit Freebo?

* Is Dexter responsible for Rita's pregnancy or are we in for a wicked plot twist?

* Is Deb headed for a confrontation with Lieutenant LaGuerta?

Greta

Flashaholic
* Who cares if Jimmy Smit's character is dirty... he's HOT!!! :D

* Funny... I thought the same thing about the pregnancy! The plot thickens!! :eek:oo:

* I think Deb is going to end up with Angel and the LT is going to "make it personal" one too many times and Deb will be the one to bust her. I like Deb... :D

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first episode was fantastic this season. Been waiting for weeks after the first episode leaked a while back. :)

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't subscribe to Showtime so I've always had to wait for the seasons to come to dvd :( But it is still one of my favorite shows of all time and I will be eagerly awaiting its release!

On another note, has anyone read the novels, by Jeff Lindsay, that inspired the show? Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter - they are great and quite a different "feel" from the tv series... Highly recommended :thumbsup:

shakeylegs

Enlightened
* Who cares if Jimmy Smit's character is dirty... he's HOT!!! :D

* Funny... I thought the same thing about the pregnancy! The plot thickens!! :eek:oo:

* I think Deb is going to end up with Angel and the LT is going to "make it personal" one too many times and Deb will be the one to bust her. I like Deb... :D

Do you think Deb has the makeup to join in the family's pastime and knock of the boss?
I'm also thinking Deb's going to eventually cooperate with internal affairs to get her shield.

Re the Darkly Dreaming Dexter, I've been meaning to pick that up. Thanks for the reminder.

Greta

Flashaholic
Truly? I don't think Deb has what it takes to be "unethical"... she's too much of a cop's daughter. It would definately be a "twist" if she betrayed her own ethics. If nothing else, Harry taught both of those kids the need and importance for personal ethics... regardless of what they are.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Yes, Deb has always chased after Harry's acceptance. How do you think she'd react if she learned Dex's secret? Dex was after all, crafted in large part by Harry.

I had to laugh at that bar scene with Deb and Angel. Angel hoists one to Harry, his picture up on the wall - Brothers in arms. BTW, Deb certainly took the bad news (pulled from the case) well enough. But I have this feeling she's going to surprise us somehow.

JakeGMCHD

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to find out who's baby it is. What's Dexter going to do? Marry her?

Deb is going to surprize us some how on this case.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love this show... ever since someone told me I look like Dexter and I had to check it out.

It looks very interesting.

They haven't revealed any of his plan... he is usually planning at this stage. He isn't being careful enough. (I think they are just writing it differently than they were before. They are revealing less to us now.)

You know what? I can't believe he messed up this first one. Harry taught him to plan it out, and he REALLY botched this one up. :ohgeez:

shakeylegs

Enlightened
From a spoiler site, nothing too revealing but a tease none the less.
----------------
Alleged thoughts re season 3 from the shows producer.
Dexter Season 3 spoilers
by jill on February 29th, 2008

So. Freaking. Excited. got the scoop on Season 3 of Dexter, straight from producer Clyde Phillips. The writers have just started work on the new season, so not all of this stuff may end up in the final scripts, but here's what we can look forward to:

Dex is all growed up: Phillips said the third season represents Dexter's adulthood, where Season 1 was his childhood and Season 2 his adolescence. He'll still use the Code of Harry, but will make it his own.

Anything's possible: Without the Darkly Dreaming Dexter books to guide them, the writers are starting from scratch on the plotline for the next season.

The One? Rita and Dex's romance will continue. She and her kids help keep him grounded.

In mourning: With Doakes gone — permanently — Lt. LaGuerta continues to grieve, though Phillips didn't get into specifics on how she'll cope with his death.
----------------------

Dexter's Lauren Velez reveals details about Season 3
by jill on August 21st, 2008

Now that we're only about five weeks away from the premiere of Dexter Season 3, the stars are out promoting the show. The lovely Lauren Velez, who plays Lt. Maria Laguerta, stopped by the studio at TV Guide's Hollywood 411 to spill some of the deets. She stayed fairly general, so no big spoilers in the video below, but we learn a few interesting tidbits:

1) Laguerta and Jimmy Smits' character, an asst. district attorney, hooked up back in the day when she was in the police academy and he was in law school. It didn't work out because she was uber career focused, but there's some serious sexual tension now.

2) Dexter will do two things this season that will … (cue ominous music) … Change. His. Life. Forever.
------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEgbKHe8_8o

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
I love this show... ever since someone told me I look like Dexter and I had to check it out.

We ended up checking it out because my husband is the Crime Scene guy in the Detective Division of our local PD and specializes in blood spatter and death investigation. Some of the guys started calling him Dexter last year so we had to get Showtime to find out why... :grin2:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
bump to the top. how about yesterdays episode huh?
i wanna say its the best episode, but i say that every week. :naughty: