Water proof P60 Hosts?

righty

Newly Enlightened
Are any of the P60 hosts rated as water proof? I would love to buy one that will take 18650's.

I love my Malkoff P60F, and want a good home for her.

Righty

L84CABO

Newly Enlightened
I seem to recall several years ago when I purchased my Surefire M2, the folks at Surefire told me they were rated waterproof to 33 feet and if you ordered directly from Surefire and communicated your need, they could get you one verified to 66ft. You may want to call them and talk to them to verify.

Peace

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I seem to recall several years ago when I purchased my Surefire M2, the folks at Surefire told me they were rated waterproof to 33 feet and if you ordered directly from Surefire and communicated your need, they could get you one verified to 66ft. You may want to call them and talk to them to verify.

Peace

But the M2 will not accommodate 18650 cells... one of the OP's criteria.;)

AFAIK the M2 does include the extra O-ring in the switch-cap... one of the reasons (albeit a minor one) I chose the M2 over the C2. The extra gasket improves water resistance over other models.

Last edited:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the M2 will not accommodate 18650 cells... one of the OP's criteria.;)

AFAIK the M2 does include the extra O-ring in the switch-cap... one of the reasons (albeit a minor one) I chose the M2 over the C2. The extra gasket improves water resistance over other models.

No need to buy the M2 for the extra $$$$$$$$$$$$ for an O-ring. You can buy a $0.50 O-ring and put it on the C2 since it has a place for an extra one.

Can the M2 be bored out, to a larger diameter to use 18650's?

Righty

Yes, I've done that to several of my C/Z series lights.

Superdave

Enlightened
Be carefull boring them out.. i measured about .050 wall thickness at the Oring spots on a 6P that i bored out for 18650's.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are any of the P60 hosts rated as water proof? I would love to buy one that will take 18650's.

I love my Malkoff P60F, and want a good home for her.

Righty

+

First, a M60 or F are best suited for two cells.
Second, why would you want to make a mess of a Surefire by boring it?

There are many P60 chassis to choose from that'll be water resistant...no diving though...:caution:

Check out this tread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186661

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be very careful boring out a C2! I bought two, sanded one of them nearly to death, and sold it when it still wouldn't fit a protected AW 18650. I think you are better off by far buying a tube designed to hold protected 18650 cells and saving yourself the grief.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently SF made a 6PN which was certified waterproof to 33 feet until you replaced the cells.
Here's an interesting thread...
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?156691-Question-on-Surefire-6PN.
Dunno if regular 6ps have a groove for an extra o ring, but I'd be inclined to experiment with a 6p or a Malkoff MD2 or a Valiant head on an MDC body, they'll all take your P60. Maybe mess with extra, thicker o rings, lube and stuff and immerse them without the drop in.
See what happens the elucidate.
P

Edit: here's another link to a poster that converted a light to do what you want. The rest of thread is ok too...
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...60-dive-host&p=3379311&viewfull=1#post3379311
P

Sorry, can't stay away. Not a P60 but it's a lovely light and worth a 5 minute read...
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...quaRam-18650-lights-**-Terra-versions-added**

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Thanks Peter for listing the 6PN, a host I didn't have on the *P60 Flashlight List
P60 lights will never go out of function because emitters keep evolving

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

updated the List

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not just use the malkoff md2. Surely it's as waterproof as a surefire and it's already designed for the module and is already made for 18650's?