Found a flashlight today!

battman

Newly Enlightened
Today I found a flashlight beneath a baggage conveyor at the airport where I work. It's a Lumilite K-1AA, your basic POS of flashlights. The kind you can buy in a pack of 3 different sizes (AA, 2D, 3D) at Walmart, Kmart, etc. It's not very bright or spectacular, but my heart literally jumped at the sight of a poor abandoned flashlight. I was so happy to give it a new home that I don't mind how dim, yellow, un-focused, & scratched up it is. Just had to share...

Anyone else here ever found a flashlight that needed a home?

Tomas

Banned
My favorite MiniMag (favorite because of it's very nice "champaigne" color - and it has an Opalec in it now) I found a few years ago under the seat of my Piper Tomahawk - I posted it on the flight center's board, but after 30 days with no one wanting the poor thing I adopted it. It now lives in my headboard.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest find I've got is a Photon 3... Apparently, maybe somebody thought that after the battery died, it's time to throw it away...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
It's not quite a flashlight, but just yesterday I found a Duracell Procell AA alkaline battery rolling around on the floor of a train. I figured it was dead but stuck it in my CMG Infinity Ultra and it lights brightly. Of course it might still be near-dead, as the Ultra has a dc-dc converter that gets full output from the cell til it's just about completely gone. Procells are not normally sold retail (they're for industrial users though they're about the same cells as the retail version) so I kind of wonder where this one came from.