Retired today

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
After 21 years, turned-in the badge, keys, and Corporate credit card this afternoon. :) As I was packing my office, under the current SF calendar I found the 2005 CPF calendar, which resulted in a pleasant flashback! Wish it made sense to have CPF gear again!

Plans are to move to a "free" state (Northern NV is 1st choice) My "dream" is to be able to wake up, make a pot of coffee, drink it while checking the world's news on a high-speed internet connection, and when done, step out onto my veranda and ring my 200Yd gong with with the caliber of my choice! This to be followed by a trip into town for breakfast, maybe supplies, and a stop by the VFW hall for a beer. Back home to play in my 500+ sqft shop.

Finding such a property will be a challenge, as wi max is only beginning deployment. (I think/hope.)

I'm not worried about boredom- I have enough temporarily-abandoned hobbies like gunsmithing, reloading, ham radio, and making flashlights! :D

I started the evening with 3-fingers of 21 yo Glenlivit and some water (A retirement gift!) and then the friend/neighbor banged on my door with a "Mexican 6-pack." Three XX's and 3 Heinekens which I'm working on. I love it!!!

Larry

BVH

Flashaholic
Larry... A Biggg CONGRATS!!

It's wonderful and you'll love it! I will miss seeing you at the SoCal get-togethers, although I will have a few miles more to get to them. Maybe you'll make the trip also.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Every man who spent a lifetime working should be able to enjoy his hobbies on a continuous basis.

The trick is how to enjoy them without working a lifetime first. LOL

I'm Jealous.

Bill

:thumbsup:

1 what

Enlightened
Hi Larry - you lucky Bas**** (dont fret, it's a term of endearment in Australia). When you're sitting on your verandah enjoying the fresh air please spare a thought for those of us in our 60's who are still working.
All the best!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have my exact dream (shop and all). How do you find property where neighbors don't call sherrif dept. FBI BATF and their therapists when you fire off a round from your back porch?

ambientmind

Enlightened
Congrats! I cant wait for that day! I have a loooong way to go though. Enjoy it for me!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Really happy for you Larry! I know you've been wanting to do this for some time now...

Can't wait to see what you end up doing with all that extra time ;)

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Larry, so you're still going to be around these parts for a bit? Gunsmithing, ham radio, flashlights and Glenlivet - sounds like its on to the good life now.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larry,

Congratulations! Your plan sounds great! I hope everything works out on the practical side, but I'm sure that no matter what happens you will take full advantage of your new life situtation.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
congrats think u will ever miss the job?21 years is a long time bet there is many memories both good and bad

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larry, all the best to and best wishes for an enjoyable retirement! I look forward to reading all about your "retirement projects"!

Paul

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Larry. I have family south of reno, lots of open space, good luck!