So I found out today that my fiance is pregnant...

foxtrot29

Enlightened
... and this translates into me being allowed to buy a new flashlight for some reason! I'm thinking about a Nitecore Extreme! Any suggestions?!

:oops:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It translates into you getting a new light cuz it will be the last toy you buy for yourself for a while! So make it count!

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I'm not a big fan ofthe RA lights to be honest with you. It is without a doubt a solid light, but I'm still leaning towards a nitecore or surefire.... The RA is tempting though.... but a very high price tag. And thanks for the congrats Deicide!

Illum

Flashaholic
mazel tov!

kinda early don't you think to have a little lumen jr. running around before you two get married?

if your gonna pick one up...might as well pick one up from your son/daughter..theres some recent threads on lights for kids too :)

foxtrot29

Enlightened
mazel tov!

kinda early don't you think to have a little lumen jr. running around before you two get married?

if your gonna pick one up...might as well pick one up from your son/daughter..theres some recent threads on lights for kids too :)

Yeah, "oops" is all I can say. But we've been engaged for about 2 years, and have lived together for even longer than that. Just bought a new house together a few months ago also. But back to the light.... :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Zebralight headlamp... youre gonna have your hands full (literally). Forget the high lux - lumen burners. Go for a multi-mode with low Lumens and long run times, the floodier the better.

Congrats to you both!! Enjoy the Lamaze classes and hospital tours. Looking back on it all, the week we were in the hospital was fun. I had all my camping gear (sleeping mat, 4D PR-lantern, maglite...etc...). The kid was in the lexan bucket and my wife was on the hospital bed. You get to know the other couples and nurses too.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Zebralight headlamp... youre gonna have your hands full (literally). Forget the high lux - lumen burners. Go for a multi-mode with low Lumens and long run times, the floodier the better.

Congrats to you both!! Enjoy the Lamaze classes and hospital tours. Looking back on it all, the week we were in the hospital was fun. I had all my camping gear (sleeping mat, 4D PR-lantern, maglite...etc...). The kid was in the lexan bucket and my wife was on the hospital bed. You get to know the other couples and nurses too.:thumbsup:

I guess the low lumens helps for the nightly baby checks? lol

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
you know what you should get....:

Surefire E1E
with these "accesories"
17650 body *bonus, can be used with extra lamp and 2 x CR123A"
Extra switch
Extra Head
KX2
AA maxlite body
Milky Creemator Head
Nitecore Extreme head in case you need a more variable beam
Nitecore Extreme Body

you wont be bored for awhile...:D

Crenshaw

kramer5150

Flashaholic
you know what you should get....:

Surefire E1E
with these "accesories"
17650 body *bonus, can be used with extra lamp and 2 x CR123A"
Extra switch
Extra Head
KX2
AA maxlite body
Milky Creemator Head
Nitecore Extreme head in case you need a more variable beam
Nitecore Extreme Body

you wont be bored for awhile...:D

Crenshaw

LOL.. there goes the diaper-budget!!

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Alright, I'll set a more definitive bar for what kind of light I'm looking at. Budget is set at $100 (more or less, lol)... I'm looking for brightness! Multimode if possible.... Great suggestions are coming in so far though... The RA clicky, although expensive, I've looked at some more pictures of and am starting to consider, even though it's way above the price range I just posted.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations! I'd suggest getting a light that has the option of a very low level. That may come in handy later, when you are checking on "Junior".
:)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking such a momentous occasion merits a new light for each member of the family! So you should be buying 3... am I right? :thinking:

:party:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'm thinking such a momentous occasion merits a new light for each member of the family! So you should be buying 3... am I right? :thinking:

:party:

x2 !!

My 3 Y/O daughters EDC is a pink solitaire in her Ariel backpack, and Disney Princess 2AA for around the house.

My 6 Y/O sons EDC is a 1AA generic-Chinese thumb clicky in his nemo backpack, and a Nemo water submersible 2AA for around the house. Ironically this is the only light in the house thats marketed as water submersible. His Coleman light show torch on the far right is what he sleeps with on his night stand.

Not pictured is my wifes energizer 1AA from Target.

My 3 most used lights are in front.

:D

dscn0532mx8.jpg