Best contact between LED drop-in and flashlight body

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
With so much talk about how to make sure that the various LED drop-in's work in SF and clones, well these are my findings........instead of concentrating on the end where the springs are, how about the other end. I noticed that on the UF C1 when the drop-in is pressed down against the body by the screwed down bezel, the surface of the reflector touches the bare alloy of the inside of the light and this is where the contact is.....all you need is for the centre spring to make contact with the battery and all will work. No need for the outside spring or loosening the LED module in the reflector or bits of wire etc. On some lights you will need to expose the bare alloy to make this happen.

But then again this might not work on some lights, so be careful before you will get stuck into your expensive light with a metal file :)

As you can see there is plenty of contact between the LED unit and the light body, irrespective of what happens inside near the battery.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
With so much talk about how to make sure that the various LED drop-in's work in SF and clones, well these are my findings........instead of concentrating on the end where the springs are, how about the other end. I noticed that on the UF C1 when the drop-in is pressed down against the body by the screwed down bezel, the surface of the reflector touches the bare alloy of the inside of the light and this is where the contact is.....all you need is for the centre spring to make contact with the battery and all will work. No need for the outside spring or loosening the LED module in the reflector or bits of wire etc. On some lights you will need to expose the bare alloy to make this happen.

But then again this might not work on some lights, so be careful before you will get stuck into your expensive light with a metal file :)

....photos later, my photo hosting is not working right now.

:poke:Waiting for pics:grin2:

bspofford

Enlightened
But then again this might not work on some lights, so be careful before you will get stuck into your expensive light with a metal file :).

I keep quarter sheets of 400 grit silicone carbide sandpaper on hand for these maneuvers. Place the abrasive on a very flat surface (gritty side up) and gently slide the reflector over it. In this case, the emitter and reflector are above the sanding, so most of the debris should fall away from them. A puff of Dust Off should be all that is needed to finish the job.