Is there an 18650 light with a floody, P3D-type beam?

metawaffle

Newly Enlightened
Hi, all,

Most of the 18650 lights I've seen seem to be throwers. I'm after a floody light, P3D/L2D style, or floodier, and I'd be most pleased if I could find one that works well on 18650 cells.

Any thoughts?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three possibilities come to mind...
A Wolf eyes P7 Sniper. Major floody. If you're in the states talk to Mike from PTSflashlights. :thumbsup:

A 18650 compatible body and a Malkoff M60F Dropin (or M30F made spcifically for 18650 by special request). Note SF 6P's and some clones of it do not fit 18650s.

A lumapower M1. I love the SSC floodkit option for it. My favorite go to light around the house. I bought the SSC flood kit at Battery Junction for a very reasonable price.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There's also the L-Mini from Shiningbeam.

You can swap the reflector for a floody optic, or keep the reflector and sputter it, or install a diffuser.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats it!

I have just ordered a Jetbeam III Pro because that is what I ask form Fenix for over 1 year now:
* good quality, good machining, good finish (at least from the pics, have not received it by now)
* low to high modes (in fact You can program any ot the three levels individually)
* SMALL and I mean SMALL, no funny tactical crap on it
* forward klickie (+ reverse possible)
(cheaper than the Fenix were, if it would be offered)

... for now, You all are free of my boring "Fenix give us an 18650 P3D"-posts, because I have found it :)

arficus

Newly Enlightened
The VB16 w/SSC is about $30 and has a really nice floody beam.
Great light for the dough.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Peak First Responder has a really floody beam and can run on one or two 18650 cells. Here is a thread with beamshots. Peak lights have GREAT build quality but are not inexpensive.

metawaffle

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone!

Yellow: I have a Jet III Pro already! It's a really nice light, and I love that IBS interface for programming levels. Most people use the reverse clicky switch though, as it suits the interface better. Make sure you get JetBeam's great two-way clip, if you haven't already ordered it.

LukeA: Everyone seems to like that light! My problem is that I have the RCR version already, and I despise it - poor quality and unreliable. I'm tempted to just get one of these on the strength of all these recommendations, though.

arficus: Thanks, I didn't realise the VB-16 could take 18650 as well as 16340!

And thanks to everyone else, too, I'm still looking all these things up :thumbsup:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any small head SSC-P7 light, not just the Wolf Eyes.

L-mini left, MTE 5 mode SSC-P7 right.
P7Lminibeamshot.jpg

I recommend getting a multi-mode so you can run it in medium. The quality of these lights seem to be deteriorating but if you cannot afford a Wolf Eyes you can take a chance on a DX P7.