4th ANNUAL SUREFIRE WISH LIST FOR 2009....Let 'er rip!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my little bit I do every year about this time here on CPF. I can't believe its been 4 years. Who knows, maybe Surefire will have something we "wish for" here at the SHOT show next year. Well lets get started shall we? I'll go first. And I usually forward a link to this thread to Surefire so they know to take a look at possible product ideas.

I'd LOVE to see a P60 LED module that has a High/Low function in the same way the E1B works. High first press, low second press. Then reset to high if off more than 2 seconds. Same order when you use the twisty function.

BLACK HA KX1 heads please!

The Z68 scout tailcap should be stock on E1B and E1L as the E1B clip should be stock the E1L. That tailcap makes the E1B SO much better.

LED versions of the M3/M4/M6. Or better yet, make LED LAs' that will work in all those lights.

I've never understood why the M4 does'nt have a grip ring....maybe an interesting idea.

ALL YOUR M- series lights in BLACK HA! Heck your 6P in black HA PLEASE!

After market clips for your 6Ps' and 9Ps'.

E1B style clip for the C2 and possibly C3. It would be very natural and intuitive to be able to just grip the gripring and pull right up off the belt/pocket/etc for immediate action.

Nylon bezel down holsters for C2/C3.

5mm LED module or equivelant based LA for E1e.

Ok now you guys go for it!

Last edited:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) P61L with the new cree 4 die,Hi-100%-med 50%-low5%
2) Lower the price of ALL accesories especially tailcaps
3)Bring back the 3p and make a nitrolon equivelent(g1?).Include a 2aa battery tube with light.:rock:
4) Use warm white leds in all led models
5)Open up battery tubes to accept 18650 li-ion

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that time of year again? Okay, let's see what's still on the list...

Hard anodized 6P/9P

Nitrolon clickie

18mm cell capability

More multi-level LED lights that use a ring to select output

Cheaper accessories would be nice (good call Meta)

AA capability would also be nice.

Oh, and while we're at it, why not Orange Nitrolon? See Jchoo's thread for reference.

That's all I can think of for now. At least they're making a headlamp.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Camo C3's

Hard anodized 6P/9P

Nitrolon clickie

18mm cell capability

P4 - U2's in everything that still has a Lux in it.

And of course Orange Nitrolon

My list is almost identical to KeyGrip's!

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see the M-series lights made available in the Sand Tan color, like the Scout light.

Natural HA for the 6P.

I would like to see a 90 degree adapter to make the 6P or similar light, into an angle neck. heck the weapon lights have an offset adapter.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.) Make in HA III a Z3 (think Z2 but a 3 cell body) 18500 compatible.
2.) Come out with the U2B already.
3.) Upgrade the KL4 to a K2 flip chip led (warmer tint please).
4.) Warmer tints on the led drop-ins
5.) Come out with the P61L drop-in ( high out put drop-in).
6.) 18 mm cell compatible.
7.) All lights available in HA III black

Last edited:

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
1) orange G-2 nitrolon

2) nitrolon clickie

3) pyrex lenses for all nitrolons

4)other color g-3's

5) anodized 6P's and 9P's

6) cheaper accessories

Last edited:

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Same thing I always hope for..........Kroma with and upgraded LED....around 120+ lumens would be nice:thumbsup:

ambientmind

Enlightened
I want:

more black HA lights, heck make it an option for all of them!

more colors for the nitrolon flashlights, orange is an obvious choice, but blue, white, grey and red would be nice. Take a look at ipods, they come in every color now! it cant be expensive to make more colors.

clickie for the nitrolons

AA based lights!

A better lights for LEOs, something an LED to compete directly with stingers! Something with two switches, rechargeable NiMH or Li-Ion, a mode selector like the U2B (but less modes, high 125+lm, med 30lm and low of about 2 lumens, and strobe), a nitrolon/aluminum body, and smaller or the same size as a stinger! That would sell like hotcakes!

CLIPS for all of the smaller lights, at least as an option!

AND....A DIVE LIGHT! How is surefire missing the market on this? I know there's the 6P thats "dive rated", but how about a dedicated dive light? Have they ever heard of the SEALS? I'm sure they would like to swim with a nice Surefire, along with the rest of us.

Thats all for now, my bank account would be empty if they did any one of these....Lets hope! :popcorn:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have a pretty fantastic line up right now and with the new lights that have been announced but not released look incredible especially the T1A.

And they finally have a headlamp!

I am looking for them to be the first American company to produce a quality AA light.

That is about it for me.

knightrider

Enlightened
The idea for an natural HA 6P is awesome!

Maybe some new Led models that use a reflector and not an optic? Not a super big fan of the optics.

Led modules for the M series (M3, M4, M6)

The new E1B clip on other lights?

That's all I can think of right now...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My wish list...
-RCR123 compatibility across more models (4.2V)
-Soft plastic or hard rubber sleeves (removable). To absorb impact and protect bezels and switch caps against drops and tumbles. Something with a high thermal conductivity to avoid trapping heat.
-Extra tailcap O-rings included with each light.
-periodic factory tours

Last edited:

cl0123

Enlightened
All 1-cell lights to accept both protected RCR123s and primaries, making it more affordable to be carried everyday.

With Aloha,

Clarence

SureAddicted

Enlightened
A TIR KL4. Not like what we see in the E1B and E2DL, but an optic designed for flood, not for throw like the other TIR's.
Also, some kind of spot to flood or diffuser built in on other SF lights, I'm pretty sure its only a matter of time though before we see it.