Highest output AA form factor LED light?

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
What "AA" - based form factor LED flashlight has the highest rated lumen output? Don't really care how many AA's are used and runtime is not that important. Anything over 0.5 hours is ok.

I will consider both custom of Off-The-Shelf offerings.

The best off-the-shelf I can come up with it the Nightcore PD20 (180 torch lumens).

I don't know enough about custom solutions.

Anybody have any suggestions. I am seriously looking. It needs to be of reasonable quality - not looking for something that will fall apart in my hand.

Thanks.

Gator762

Enlightened
Seems like this question has been asked once a day lately. Can't anyone read the first page or search? :whistle:

D20 is a nice looking light but not out yet. Fenix L2D is a nice proven light, they have a LD20 shipping soon (maybe now). Olight T25 looks pretty nice too. Fenix would be the most proven with best warranty.

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
Sorry, but I block all access to google, so any site that relies on it for providing search doesn't function for me. This is my protest against the "do no evil" Bravo Sierra..

Thank you for the links though. I will look at them. And by the way, just because a thread already exists doesn't mean it's up-to-date. New lights come out all the time. But I do recognize that the links you gave were very recent (like yesterday, I think).

Sorry again..

Marduke

Flashaholic
Sorry, but I block all access to google, so any site that relies on it for providing search doesn't function for me. This is my protest against the "do no evil" Bravo Sierra..

Thank you for the links though. I will look at them. And by the way, just because a thread already exists doesn't mean it's up-to-date. New lights come out all the time. But I do recognize that the links you gave were very recent (like yesterday, I think).

Sorry again..

CPF has two different search methods. CPF is here to help people, but it is not our place to use the search functions for others who are too "high and mighty" to do it themselves.

In this case, you didn't even have to search, just look down half a page :poke:

Last edited:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF should make a thread about the brightests (overall output) flashlight by battery type. Like "top 3 brightest AA powered" Would be also nice if also categorized in throw, flood, runtime, etc. idk, just an idea. There is already a similar sticky topic but it only covers lights from DX/KD.

The new LD20 is pretty bright for 1xAA

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
CPF should make a thread about the brightests (overall output) flashlight by battery type. Like "top 3 brightest AA powered"
FYI, links to round-up comparison threads based on battery type are located in my signature below.

The 1xCR123A and "Thrower" round-ups are fairly up to date, but I need to do a new one for 1AA. In the meantime, you can check out a recent 1AA review thread for lots of ourput and runtime comparisons in this class, like this review.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, guys! He said he didn't care how many AA's are used!

Aren't there some 9+ AA Mag conversion multi LEDs pumping out 1000 lumens or so?