SSC P7 torch with triple stack of 18650

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
I have no additional information about this torch, and the price is more than I can bring myself to pay for a single one, but I have to say, I'm very interested. According to the eBay ad where I first discovered it, its single rechargeable battery pack (which appears to have 3 white LEDs in it, possibly for checking charge?) is made of 3x18650, giving it 2.5 hrs of runtime on full power. I assume the dimensions of it are similar to a Surefire M6.

It's called a MagicShine MJ806 (about $200)

Has anyone ever seen an inexpensive (Chinese?) torch in this formfactor before? I really prefer the triple stack cell approach to the super long tube, triple serial cell approach. It kind of reminds me of a tri-bored 1.5D Mag with 3x17670, only a bit more appealing for capacity and price.

I wish there were an inexpensive host in this formfactor for DIY. Maybe it's time for me to start shopping a tri-bored 1.5D with 3x17670 battery carrier. WTB...

Last edited by a moderator:

cheetokhan

Enlightened
That seller seems to be reputable from the comments I've seen here on CPF. They occasionally post in the Market Place.
The thing that bugs me about this particular item is that most of the pictures are just computer drawings, not real pictures of a final product.
I wonder if this light is related to the one being developed by Neoseikan?

DM51

Flashaholic
Auction notices belong in the MarketPlace. I'm closing it here.

Edit: Following a submission from the OP, I'm happy to re-open this on the basis that it is intended as an enquiry about whether there are there are other flashlights available that use 3x18650 side by side.

Last edited:

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
Thanks for re-opening!

Back to topic:

If anyone knows of other flashlights with similar formfactor (3x18650 side-by-side in fat cylinder, shaped like M6, instead of long skinny tube like so many others), then please post brand and model here so I can google them. (PMs with links to product info welcome if not against forum rules). My preference is for inexpensive over brand name/quality. DIY hosts welcome too.

Thanks!

NickBose

Enlightened
Give it some more time and I'm pretty sure you'll see it on DX at two third the price. :broke:

moonboom

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

this flashlight looks very attractive to me. I´m considering this as birthday gift for our company employees. Before buying 100 pcs of this flashlight: Are the any comments or test for this flashlight? Did someone already purchase this flashlight and compared against other China manufactured ones?

Thank you for any comment!

Clemens

Kabible

Enlightened
Here's a thread in 'Dealer's Corner' about the same light at Kaidomain.

I'm waiting for 'ichoderso's' impressions. I'll PM him and see if he'll post his thoughts on the light.

Brian

moonboom

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately no report yet about this nice lamp. Before buying 100x as company gift it would be nice to real product review. :)

Hope my German colleague will post soon his review.

Greets from Germany

Clemens