Belkin Quadra 4 in 1 LED Pen

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
"The Quadra 4-in-1 Pen includes a very bright LED beam that lights up your reading material virtually anywhere. It also features a laser pointer with a 500-yard laser emission range, a ballpoint pen with a quick, sturdy propel-and-retract mechanism, and a PDA stylus with a plastic tip for smooth navigation."

(I can't find any reference to the LED color, but since they describe it as a reading light, I assume it's white. Not sure when it's going to be available either.)

Belkin

sunspot.net

usbnews.net

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently lost my Rotring Quattro, which I'd customized to have exactly the implements I want (blue ball point fisher refill, .5mm pencil, highlighter, pda stylus). I've been balking at replacing it due to the price of the Rotring, but want another cool gadgety multipen. The Belkin might not be quite as class looking, but I love the features. Anyone have one? If not, I may take one for the team and let you know how it is.

Just wish I knew which refills the pen was compatible with.

Joe

Saaby

Flashaholic
From a pure theological standpoint...

You're all going to bash me but I could have gotten an LED stylus but decited that if I was using my PDA in the dark the screen would be lit up and a light up stylus would be pointliess. Now, before you bash me realize I am talking the model that is PDA stylus only. If I had known about this particular model I likely would have gone with it.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a note that I just called Belkin and they have 1000 of those Quadra pens in stock. I also told them there didn't seem to be anyway to buy one of them online, but the guy took my phone order ($19.99).

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Got one a couple of months ago, it works great! The LED is white, with a slight hint of blue to it. It decided to take a spin in my washing machine 6 days ago. Batteries were completely shorted out, and some of the black ink spilled out (due to the spin dry cycle). But, after replacing it with fresh batteries, it's working like a charm again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've run the batteries down using the laser pointer (which seems quite bright), and it seemed to use them up quicker than I expected. Interesting thing is that the batteries seem to recover allowing the laser pointer to work briefly over quite a span of time (I still haven't replaced the batteries yet). The LED light seems to keep burning brightly even with the depleted batteries.

Unfortunately, the inkpen in this doodad bites major hose cuz it skips like blazes all the damn time. Even the replacement refill from Belkin skips right out of the bag. It will begin working again for awhile if you remove the inkpen tube and blow into the end. Anybody find any decent replacements? BTW, my fancy Space Pen also skips like hell so I won't be trying those refills.