new all around light.

Eazy_tom

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm in need of new light, it will be used around the house, when camping, and it will be an EDC item. I'm willing to spend up to $150, battery type is not really an issue. I would like a some what small light as it will be EDCed but it doesn't have to be tiny.
I've been looking at these:
SureFire G2 LED
SureFire E2D LED
NiteCore Defender Infinity
JetBeam Jet-III Pro ST
Olight T10
Fenix P3D
Any experience with these?
I will take other suggestions also, thanks a lot guys.

Edit- I also really like the SureFire L4 lumamax

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking at these:
SureFire G2 LED
SureFire E2D LED
NiteCore Defender Infinity
JetBeam Jet-III Pro ST
Olight T10
Fenix P3D

SF G2 - good host bad LED
SF E2D LED - Supposedly very nice from what I hear, don't have one
NDI - Nice little light; definitely the smallest on the list may be overshadowed by some other, newer AA offerings though
JB JetIII ST - Very Decent mid-sized EDC 18650 is a great plus over the P3D.
Olight T10 - Perhaps not the greatest CR123 light out there now but still very respectable, it's the UI on olights that appeal to many people.
Fenix P3D - Hindered by lack of 18650 support. Great UI in general, may want to wait for the upated P30 to come out.

Overall if I could have any one of these lights for free, I'd choose the P2D. If were to buy one form the list I'd choose the JB Jet-III ST. Big difference between these two lights other than price and country of origin would be the beam profile. Optic in the SF puts a ot of light into a decent sized hotspot with less (but still useable spill). Reflector in JB makes a notorious cree ring but provides more spill. Not sure which will throw better but my money would be on the SF.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke: ...... Welcome to CPF .... Tom

Get NiteCore piston D-10

and LiteFlux piston LF5XT.

Both use AA size .... 1.5v ~ 4.20v

Carry w/14500 in em ... keep 1.5v primary's around as back-up batt's.

Carry BOTH as EDC ....... ( 1 is none )

Both are very flexible , do-it-all lights.
Low-lows and hi-highs and variable in-between.
And both have respectable run times.

TMG :) .............................................. :welcome:

Eazy_tom

Newly Enlightened
SF G2 - good host bad LED
SF E2D LED - Supposedly very nice from what I hear, don't have one
NDI - Nice little light; definitely the smallest on the list may be overshadowed by some other, newer AA offerings though
JB JetIII ST - Very Decent mid-sized EDC 18650 is a great plus over the P3D.
Olight T10 - Perhaps not the greatest CR123 light out there now but still very respectable, it's the UI on olights that appeal to many people.
Fenix P3D - Hindered by lack of 18650 support. Great UI in general, may want to wait for the upated P30 to come out.

Overall if I could have any one of these lights for free, I'd choose the P2D. If were to buy one form the list I'd choose the JB Jet-III ST. Big difference between these two lights other than price and country of origin would be the beam profile. Optic in the SF puts a ot of light into a decent sized hotspot with less (but still useable spill). Reflector in JB makes a notorious cree ring but provides more spill. Not sure which will throw better but my money would be on the SF.
Whats wrong with the g2's LED?

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I've heard good things about the polymer, so I don't know.
Thanks for the help so far guys.

The Nitrolon Used In The G2 Is A Bad Thermal Conductor, Which Results In the LED Module Being Throttled Down To Lower Output Levels(Due To Excessive Heat).

Eazy_tom

Newly Enlightened
The Nitrolon Used In The G2 Is A Bad Thermal Conductor, Which Results In the LED Module Being Throttled Down To Lower Output Levels(Due To Excessive Heat).
That's interesting, thanks for the info man.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Alright... what I'm about to suggest isn't on your list, but if I can do it, you can.

I just bought a Surefire C2 Centurion HA and an OpticHQ P60 drop-in/tail-cap combo for it in the "reverse" option.

This means I activate all 250 lumens with the tail-cap via momentary switch, and I have five settings to choose from with the side switch on the tail-cap (which is glow-in-the-dark).

Now... you say, "WOW, I don't need 250 for around the house!" No, you don't. You'll need about 2-5. Well, it has you covered there, with three more settings in between. You get this all for $50 off when you tell OpticHQ you're from CPF.

I thought this light would be too big to EDC, and man I was wrong. As long as you're not wearing butt-huggers, you'll be fine and the payoff is so worth it man, I can't begin to tell you. It's my first night with it and this thing will not leave my body from now on. I just got a Nitecore EX-10 (I stick to the CR123-type cells) and this light puts it to shame in every way except size, which it doesn't really matter.

The user interface is a DREAM... trust me. See my thread here - https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2647470#post2647470

Give it a shot and I promise you that you'll be happy once you did.

-RC

P.S. No, I don't work for OpticsHQ or Surefire...

SnWnMe

Enlightened
If I were in the market for a 2 cell light I will get the new E2L. Perfect high and low settings and great runtimes on both brightness levels.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about a NovaTac 120P, or 120E?

Sweet deals on Novatac's available at yourcornerstore.com.

http://yourcornerstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2998_3197

• 120P for $108
  • 120E for $81
  • 120T for $85 (pre-order: expected in stock on 10/4.
***NOTE: You must click Add to Cart before you will see these prices.***

Thanks to RichS for pointing these deals out. I already have a 120E, or I would have picked one up at this price. They are a really good EDC light for the money.

With that said, I find myself grabbing my NiteCore EX10 more often than my other lights of the same size. The user interface is awesome.