E1B High Mode Runtime in Question...

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
Someone enlighten me please.

Why is the runtime on High-Mode (80lumens) for the E1B only 1.3 hours? When the 6P, G2, Z2, C2 LED's and some others seem to run so much more efficiently (average 11hours) with the same 80lumens output?

Yes i know the 4 aforementioned uses two CR123A instead of E1B's one cell... and i have taken that into consideration. So let's be on the safe side and say that one LESS CR123A means a 70% reduction in output time. That should still allow the E1B to be running on HighMode for about 3 hours.....

Is it different drivers? Vf? LED? What gives?:confused::confused:
Or is SF just being modest about the 80 lumens in their newest models?

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The P60L runs regulated for around 3 hours, the rest of the stated 11 hour output is with dimming light down to 1 lumen. It says 11 hours usable, not regulated. The E1B runs for 1.3 hours regulated, as in constantly at 80 lumen.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunner,

By chance do you know what is the regulated runtime for 2008 E1L (KX1 head). It stated 8.5 hrs on high... Are we lucky enough to get 4 regulated hrs? Thanks..

Sorry, I didn't mean to high jack this thread...

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
An actual test of E2L shows that the official runtime figure of 6 hours means really 6 hours of regulated light. :thumbsup:

I think we can assume that the same is valid also for the other current types. :cool:

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish it was consistent, Surefire's seems to be experimenting with different runtime figures depending on what they "think" is the intended use of the light. So sometimes it's to 50%, sometimes it's regulated output, sometimes it's 2 lumens. Now I wish they'd just stop using numbers and stick a graph up for each light, otherwise I have no idea how runtime is.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
An actual test of E2L shows that the official runtime figure of 6 hours means really 6 hours of regulated light. :thumbsup:

I think we can assume that the same is valid also for the other current types. :cool:

Yet on the Surefire website they state:

Max Output: 3/60 lumens*
Runtime: 100/11 hours*
*low/high settings

11 hours? It's 6 hours regulated, then 5 hours of dim light.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yet on the Surefire website they state:

Max Output: 3/60 lumens*
Runtime: 100/11 hours*
*low/high settings

11 hours? It's 6 hours regulated, then 5 hours of dim light.

You are right, it's the old Luxeon E2L that had a runtime of 6 hours.

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
I wish it was consistent, Surefire's seems to be experimenting with different runtime figures depending on what they "think" is the intended use of the light. So sometimes it's to 50%, sometimes it's regulated output, sometimes it's 2 lumens. Now I wish they'd just stop using numbers and stick a graph up for each light, otherwise I have no idea how runtime is.

agreed, wish they standardize their method for stating runtimes, makes everything easier...

eshishlo

Newly Enlightened
What about the low runtime. How long should it last in low mode after high is no longer available. Mine went from high to low to out in seconds. Is that how it should be?

Latest posts