10440s in L0D CE

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay! I finally gave in and ordered 10440's for my LOD CE and they just came in the mail, I am going to be strong and wait til night before I try them out. Gotta give props to AW tho, and thanks to whoever recommended him to me. Within 3 hours of ordering he shipped my packaged, and I received the batteries 4 days later from hong kong! I honestly thought it would be 2 weeks before they reached me here in lil ole NY.

Last edited by a moderator:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My 10440's arrived!

Yay! I finally gave in and ordered 10440's for my LOD CE and they just came in the mail, I am going to be strong and wait til night before I try them out. Gotta give props to AW tho, and thanks to whoever recommended him to me. Within 3 hours of ordering he shipped my packaged, and I received the batteries 4 days later from hong kong! I honestly thought it would be 2 weeks before they reached me here in lil ole NY.
So much light coming from such a small light makes the LODCE/10440 combo an interesting pair. I do recommend only running on high for short burst, like maybe a couple minutes at the most and do not overdischarge the battery, recharge when you notice it dimming. Do keep your fire insurance up to date. :poof: :)

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

yeah WOW! Its brighter than my Fenix E20 on high, thats crazy. Yeah, it does get very warm on high, I'll def have to be careful with that, can't imagine needing it that bright for anything beyond showing off. Heh. Still, wow!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awwwww, I was playing with it a little more and I discovered that on Med and Low the pwm flicker gets really strong with the 10440 in, not on high tho. Does this just happen sometimes?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think you have damaged the driver board, try using a normal AAA

merlocka

Enlightened

The flicker isn't uncommon, from what I've read. It seems to be more common (or isolated?) to the Q4 version of the LOD CE. Only happens on low/mid with a freshly charged 10440. Once the voltage drops a bit, the flicker goes away. At least on mine. Doesn't happen with regular AAA.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think I've damaged anything(or I hope not, I love my lod!), bc when I switch back to a normal alkie, it works fine. Thanks for the info, I guess I will just run it a bit and the flicker should hopefully go away.