Mag charger Bulb pin width ?

snake

Enlightened
Hello ,
any body knows the pin width for Mag Charger Buld ?

coz I plan to buy a Mag Charger to upgrade it with a 6V 20W bi-pin bulb... as the Mag charger already got :tempered glass lens and AL reflector which not much upgrade needed.. except the battery as I found a Nicad w/h 2800mah 1/2D ..
any idea will be welcome
thanks

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snake:

I bought a magcharger bulb to play with. It has the same 160 mm pin width as the W/A T-2 1/4 and Carley T-2 1/2 bulbs. The filament height is a little shorter than with the W/A bulbs.

Where did you find a 2800 mAh 1/2 D battery stick? The stock and the Streamlight stick are 2200 mAh.

Joey

Newly Enlightened
I for one would be very interested in your results, snake. I'd like to see it compared to an SL20X with SL35X bulb since that one's 20 watts as well.

snake

Enlightened
hi hi lemlux,
you give me answer all the time thanks! then it will be cool to change the bulb.. I found Osram has 6V 30W on their site but can't found it on the street only 20W w/h 400lm.. still it is very cool.

about the battery, I found it on the street,description only Sanyo 2800mah! it didn't come together as stick.. just it look like a 1/2D in size .. no packing, only yellow plastic wraping also with pin extention on both ends.. looks like industrial grade product.. I need to double check.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snake:

Pay attention to voltage drop. As I remember, my Magcharger battery stick dropped to 5.5 V when I tested either a 1.92 A or 3.35 A bulb, I forget which. The stick fits perfectly in a Mag3D. I would be inclined to use a high amperage 6.0V bulb with 6 1/2 D cells. The Magcharger bulb is supposedly a 125 hour bulb, and many other high amperage 6V bulbs are also long-life so they are likely to last a reasonable time with 6 cells.