Has anyone modded a Peak McKinley?

Gatsby

Enlightened
I have a nice natural HA key chain body McKinley with 7 LEDs and the old style flat head I recently picked up. The output is fine but it would be cool to put in 7 new Nichia GSs instead of the older snows. But I have no idea how difficult such a mod would be ... the head doesn't look like it would come apart very easily...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a nice natural HA key chain body McKinley with 7 LEDs and the old style flat head I recently picked up. The output is fine but it would be cool to put in 7 new Nichia GSs instead of the older snows. But I have no idea how difficult such a mod would be ... the head doesn't look like it would come apart very easily...

Any thoughts or suggestions?
McKinley has it's real strength in being a very sturdy and strong built. impossible to destroy, unless disposed in fire. Everything is potted in Epoxy and protected with additional crimping.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it is next to impossible to mod McKinley. The head is completely potted inside out. There is NO easy way to undo the potting without damaging the circuit.