How are you carrying your Nautilus/Aeon/CR2Ion/Bitz sized lights?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to just stick my soon to be Nautilus in my pocket, but it's either gonna eat my swiss army knife alive or my keys will eat it alive. Any solutions?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nautilus is too big, but I carry my Aeon in the watch pocket of my jeans, or when wearing dockers, I carry it in my front pocket with my wallet.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
on a fenix lobster claw clip clipped to my jeans pocket with the light hanging down inside my pocket (rear of the pocket). low profile, if the clip comes undone (which it hasnt yet) then the light just falls into my pocket, yet it is very easy to access it quickly.

i hate knives/lights/whistles etc on keys, just not as easy to use and access.

lightsandknives

Enlightened
I carry my CR2-Ion in one of these.

I took off the clip so it just rides in my pocket and doesn't scratch the other "stuff" I normally carry. It also protects the lens.

I carry it with the lens facing the flap opening so if I use it, I just peel back the flap and turn on the light. It never leaves the holster.

Illum

Flashaholic
on the neck, using a USB drive lanyard

I think its cool battery junction sells CR2s individually wrapped like candy, waterproof as well

DM51

Flashaholic
My Aeon is clipped to a keyring with a McGizmo 35mm clip, along with keys and other items, as here:

Keyring.jpg

That pic is actually ~18 months old, and the light shown is a CR2 Ion, the Aeon's predecessor. The Aeon has taken its place.

The ring is clipped to a cord by means of another McG clip. The other end of the cord is fastened to my belt. When going though airport security X-ray etc, I just unclip the whole ring from the cord, as here, rather than having to take the cord off my belt.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
By far my favorite way to carry a small light:
EDC.jpg
edc2.jpg

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I very often where pants that have a watch-pocket style pocket, but it's a bit bigger. It works great for the Bitz (which is a small CR123A light), it's actually a bit too big because it allow the Bitz to turn sideways so I sometimes put something soft in there with it.

I carry the very small Nanostream clipped to my coat zipper like a zipper pull. I let the L0D get beat-up with the keychain, but it has a swivel and small McGizmo clip to it is easily removed, as do all my keychain accessories.

I carry lots of stuff so sometime I do separate stuff into separate pockets to pervent excessive scratches. I've not carried the Bitz when I didn't have a nice pocket for it.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hate knives/lights/whistles etc on keys, just not as easy to use and access.

My Aeon is clipped to a keyring with a McGizmo 35mm clip, along with keys and other items, as here:

Keyring.jpg

my worst nightmare :laughing: :p but of course to each their own

on a fenix lobster claw clip clipped to my jeans pocket with the light hanging down inside my pocket (rear of the pocket). low profile, if the clip comes undone (which it hasnt yet) then the light just falls into my pocket, yet it is very easy to access it quickly.

pic of mine again, fenix lobster claw with a nautilus shown (now an NDI):

i think ive talked about this before, but from an EDC perspective:
- if i lose one thing i dont want to lose everything.
- if i need to access something, i want to access it as quickly as possible. definitely faster for me than opening a holster flap, or pulling up from around my neck, or sorting through my keychain.
- items should be disconnected or able to be disconnected, in case you need to share items or need to use one intensively without the others in the way.

- p.s. to those that do - people have said if you are dangling a huge weighty keychain while your car key is in the ignition it could damage the ignition.

so, this method is optimal for me. i tried quite a few different clips, carbiners and mcgizmos and the like, but the regular fenix lobster claw worked the best. at some point id like to get a nice open top horizontal sheath for my bigger lights...

Last edited:

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to Kydex it..but it gets bulky, plus instead of regular scratches, I get the kydex marks..
Leather slip pouch would be nice, but kinda hard to make one