• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub Set, Mint

SOLD: my one and only complete Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub set. This is a complete set of original, as well as custom, parts from CPF'ers Otokoyama, ArsMachina and RPM. The set is completely mint and has been sitting in bubble wrap since I got it about three years ago. There were only about 80 original brass Cubs made. This is one of them. The original standard head has not been "opened" as so many were modified in this way, to allow more light to emit from the lens. The head is still as originally created.

The LionCub was the successor to the LionHeart, the heart of which features an ingenious light engine conceived by Georges80, Mr. Bulk's electronics collaborator for many of his lights. The light engine enables the user to select from some fifty-sixty levels of light, merely by holding down the switch button as it ramps up through the levels. There are all sorts of other programming that can be done if one so chooses, such as sleep mode and lock-out.

The LionCub is made as a Lego-style light: it can handle several different cell sizes, including CR123, RCR123, 18650, 17500 and 17670. In fact, its very name, LionCub, was derived from the fact that it uses Li-Ion (Lion) cells as its primary power source. The different bodies included in this set highlight that fact.

The only fault of the LionCub's design, in my humble opinion, was a weak lanyard hole drilled into the flared tail. The best part about this set is that the standard body offered here does not have that lanyard hole - the tail is a solid flare all around. That's because the standard body offered with this set is a clone created by CPF's own ArsMachina, except without the lanyard hole. He made at least three of these no-lanyard hole bodies, and my other brass Cubs have ArsMachina custom clone tails as well.

This set includes one of the original 80 brass Cubs, as well as four other brass Cub bodies and one brass "Big Bulkhead" that turns the Cub into a throw monster. Two of the brass bodies, the knurled bodies, were created by another of Mr. Bulk's team, CPF'er Otokoyama. The smooth bodies were accessories created later by master machinist, CPF'er RPM.

Here is the set:

1. Original Brass LionCub with Standard Knurled No-Lanyard-Hole Clone Body
2. 17670 Knurled Body
3. 18650 Knurled Body
4. Smooth 17500 Flat-End Body
5. Smooth CR123/RCR123 Inset Body
6. Big Bulkhead

No cells or cell charger are offered with this package - you are on your own there. This is a PayPal-only offering. There are no extra fees for PayPal (CC or cash is fine). USPS priority shipping to CONUS destinations is also included in the price. Add $10 for international shipping. For US postal insurance (optional), add $5. First to state an unconditional "I'll take it" here in the thread, followed by PayPal payment, has priority.

SOLD.

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

Last edited:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub Set, Mint

Now that's a nice Brass:thumbsup:

MWClint

Enlightened

OMG. I wish i had the funds for these.

Talk about Brass heaven. :eek:oo:

shuter

Enlightened

:takeit:

:paypal:

I was hoping to find a Brass Cub with Lionhead. Thanks Troy!

Anyone know how many of the Brass Cubs came as a complete set?

Last edited:

:takeit:

:paypal:

I was hoping to find a Brass Cub with Lionhead. Thanks Troy!

Anyone know how many of the Brass Cubs came as a complete set?

Gale, no brass Cubs came as a complete set. All the extra parts were optional accessories that were made available after the brass Cub was released.

PayPal received. Thank you. I will try to get this in today's mail. :)

shuter

Enlightened

"Gale, no brass Cubs came as a complete set. All the extra parts were optional accessories that were made available after the brass Cub was released."

Troy - Are the optional extra parts still available?

What do you mean by clone body? "Original Brass LionCub with Standard Knurled No-Lanyard-Hole Clone Body."

Gale, no brass Cubs came as a complete set. All the extra parts were optional accessories that were made available after the brass Cub was released.

Troy - Are the optional extra parts still available?

What do you mean by clone body? "Original Brass LionCub with Standard Knurled No-Lanyard-Hole Clone Body."

The clone body is explained in paragraph 4. Optional parts may still be available through RPM.

shuter

Enlightened
PSM & bf1 - Yeah, there is a pattern that is repeated over and over isn't there. Newbe buys lots of lights. Newbe sells lots of lights. Even I have been here long enough to have seen it and soon will be culling my collection of unwanted lights. As for this brass LionCub, I may break up the set and sell some of the bodies but the Brass Cub and Lionhead is mine now. You won't see it again.

Last edited: