Any out of production lights you miss?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I've picked up a number of lights over the years there are a few that I wish were still available (albeit with the newer LEDs).

Top Teknolite, only production light I know of that had Tritium markers in the bezel.
(L to R First of the pair is the older version I miss) CMG/Gerber Infinity, TnC Keylux, Original PALight
img0826smallet5.jpg

Teknolite, besides the Tritium I liked the shape and the original translucent orange body (unlike this sample).
CMG Infinity, I just feel like it's more "bomb proof" than the newer ones and I like the way it looks better.
TnC Keylux, particularly when it's clipped to anything the head twisty is much easier for me to use.
PALight, smaller and I actually liked the "moon" beam it produced, the red/white wands were handy too.

So what are the lights you miss that either fell out of production or were "improved" upon till they didn't fit your preferences.

-LT

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix E0 (esp. at closeout price of $10...). I like the full wrap around neg contact on the PCB vs the 2 strips contact on the E01 board (for presumably better longevity). Also a touch smaller and its' 4-5 lumens are enough. Lug tail body option would have been nice.

Ditto on the Fenix E1, even if they don't upgrade it with later LED. I like the LED under AR glass and flat regulation. 1.5 hrs with alky or 2.5 hrs with eneloop was more than enough, and it had good brightness. Ditto on lug tail body.

I wish they would have made an updated Civictor with LOD-CE type modes (including strobe and SOS), no memory. It would have been a killer. Even more so if they put a lug tail on it like the old CMG Infinity Ultras.

Last edited:

Duodec

Newly Enlightened
Ash Flash "Searchlight Lantern". My first real flashlight, handy as heck, lit up tents and nearby hillsides while camping, double bail folding handles to hang it from or set and aim for fixed use, "semi-sealed" beam. Now featuring a Nite-ize LED element for great flood and runtime instead of the throw of the original incandescent.

I guess I can't miss it that much since I own this one.

ashflash.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Inova x1.v1

For me, it's version 2. I put off buying an X1 until the new & improved version came out.... and it turned out to be only marginally brighter with much less runtime.

Went to a nearby Target store, and bought one of the last version 2 models that were left on the peg.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova x1.v1

+10!
I'd pay a decent bit of money for another mint condition white and even more for a Red, Teal, and 365nm UV or upgraded white with newer LEDs.

Barnone one of the greatest small lights ever.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never got a chance to buy a Bigbeam 211:mecry:. If only I knew it would go out of production:confused:. That and the 6C Mag. well who needs that if we could still buy the 7C+D Mags. "though I have heard their was bigger:devil:.

Last edited:

AMRaider

Enlightened
I can't remember the name.. but there was a Titanium cased light made by Tekna years ago (perhaps 20?) that had a large red led and a Titanium keyring. You could run in on LR44 batteries.. 2 or maybe it was 3; I'm afraid I can't remember. It would be quite dim by today's standards but it was a great light for it's time. I received one as a gift, but unfortunately it is no longer with me. :(

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terralux made this light... I think it was a rebel emitter, single mode, ran off two AA batteries, 90 lumens out of 1 watt, it ran 5 hours off two AA batteries.

And it only costed $25-$30, it was the perfect gift light! I gave my only one away. :shrug:

They changed it to a 140 lumen light that runs for two hours. I can't justifiably give this light away, cause people won't want to be changing the batteries all the time. =\

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When I first became interested in lights, I heard of a company called NightCutter. They had some interesting-looking models. I really liked the ones that came with big, beefy, pocket-carry clips. They even had one model that was an improvement over the Inova X5. Think X5.... But with aggressive checkering, a wide clip, and stainless steel collar that fit over the LEDs so you could strike an attacker with your improved-version X5 clone. (But no scallops on the collar).

Few were made, as I recall. Sadly, a perfect example of a better product that died out due to lack of Company support. Last I heard, NightCutter was no longer making lights for the retail market.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
PalLite Workman - single mode on/"off" with moon glow. Smaller than current PalLites.

UnderwaterKinetics 4AA eLed. Tremendous regulated 11 hour runtime followed by long battery-vampire drop off. Clicky near the front of the light, waterproof.

Hans

Enlightened
Jil CR2 DD. Well-made CR2 light, long runtime, direct drive = no worries about failing PCB boards and so on. One of the best backup lights of all times IMO.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought of a bunch, so I'll just make it simple. Surefire's with finishes other than black or natural hard anodize.

Last edited:

Dan Harris

Newly Enlightened
I can't remember the name.. but there was a Titanium cased light made by Tekna years ago (perhaps 20?) that had a large red led and a Titanium keyring. You could run in on LR44 batteries.. 2 or maybe it was 3; I'm afraid I can't remember. It would be quite dim by today's standards but it was a great light for it's time. I received one as a gift, but unfortunately it is no longer with me. :(

I just checked and I still have one of those Tekna lights! It was the first led light I ever bought and was total state of the art back in the early 80s. I still have an original Surefire "Laser Products" 6P as well as the original Tekna Splashlight.

CPF makes me feel like I'm living in a flashlight museum!

Dan