Difference between Jetbeam Jet I Pro's

grizzly1nv

Newly Enlightened
What is the difference between the Jetbeam Jet I Pro IBS and the Jet I Pro V2.

I did a search here but did not find much on the differences.

I don't find both on Jetbeams web pages but on Bugoutgear.com they show both. In Bugoutgear.com the specs. are the same as far as I can tell.

Hopefully I didn't screw up, as I ordered the Jet I Pro IBS from Bugoutgear.com on friday before I noticed there was a "version 2" (V2).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Grizz

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'm not seeing any mentioned difference anywhere, so it's probably just a change to the body style, to conform to the current Jet aesthetic. It might also have the revised circuit that works better with Li-ion/primary cell differences - the older revision on a primary/3V cell would ramp up to 50%/130 lumens, then the last half of the ramp would just stay there (since the range from 50-100%/130-225 lumens can only be obtained with a Li-ion/3.7V); the revised circuit adjusts and ramps normally from 1-100% on either type of cell.

grizzly1nv

Newly Enlightened
StarHalo, thanks for the reply. If I read you correctly, the Jet I Pro will work fine with 3.7V 14500 batteries. I hope so, as I ordered 3 AW 14500 when I ordered the light. As far as asthetics, I think I like the one I ordered better by the pictures, I have never seen either in person, (maybe lucked out for a change).

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Yes, all Jets are specifically made to work with Li-ions, so you're fine.

If it's the older circuit revision, then when you use a regular AA/1.5V, when you do the ramp, it'll ramp up to 50%/130 lumens, then the rest of the ramp will stay there. Just a simple calibration issue that doesn't affect the operation of the light.

grizzly1nv

Newly Enlightened
StarHalo, thanks again for the reply. I am vary new to high/higher end flashlights, but as all of you here have stated, it is an "ADDICTION". Started off with a Novatac 120P, excellent light, but tried to purchase from Botach Tactical, by far the worst experience online of my life and I will never or recommend anyone to buy from them again. Moved on, and purchased a Novatac from the The Corner Store, Nitecore D10 and several Fenix from 4seven, both excellent experiences.

Hopefully, I will like the Jetbeam as well as I have the rest of my recent purchases. The little misses doesn't find my new obsession as cool as I, but they are cheaper than guns.

Thanks again,

Grizz

grizzly1nv

Newly Enlightened
BugOutGear_USA, thank you very much for your reply, this is so cool that the place I ordered the light from answers my questions on CPF.

I hope this light lives up to my expectations, and I think it will.

Thanks

Grizz