VB16 info and clones

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to create a list of all the vb16 versions and their clones.
If you have one can you post some info about it,where you got it from,How low is the low,any ringiness to the beam.Does it have the stobe and sos mode

IT SEEMS THAT THE cpf VERSION AND THE 4TH GEN SEOUL CAN BE TURNED OFF BY GOING TO THE LOWEST LEVEL.Tritium mode Ive seen it refered to.Thats what I want. Anyone done mods to it? post your thoughts here too!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:duh2:

Beware of the up/down brightness switches on the side - which can shift position internally and stop working - which renders the light useless.

Which is why I sent my 2 back last year after one failed after just a few days.

Took forever to get the refund resolved. After they've got your money - they pretend to no longer understand the english language - hoping you'll just give up due to frustration.

VB16's work good .............................. (when they work)

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I have two of the VB-16s from DX. Got one Cree and one SSC. As far as the light output they are pretty much the same. One of them does have a side switch that's hard to press; it seems to be a little off center under the rubber cover. I tried getting inside to realighn the switch, but they put some serious stout glue on the head when it was assembled and I haven't got it open yet.
My wife got the one with the good switches and uses it on it's lowest level to read at night. Can't get her to wear a headlight; too geeky for her:D

rantanplan

Newly Enlightened
I have two VB-16 ... one is Gen.2, originally with LuxIII and now modded with a Seoul P4 (still a fine light :))... and the second is a HA3 version from DX with a Cree Q5. The first one is working fine, but the second version has its problems with the side switch too. The "up"-switch doesn´t work well anymore, but every attempt to open the light for fixing has failed up to now: I boiled the light, freezed it to -30°C and used a bench vise together with grip wrench ... no result but a few scratches.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had Waion's 2nd Gen VB16 (Stolen), and currently have his 3rd Gen VB16 (modded Cree Q2 from an MRV) and his 4th Gen VB16. None of these have a low setting that would turn light off. The 4th Gen has the lowest low by far and is a great light with best strobe/SOS UI I've seen.

I recall hearing that the 1st Gen VB16's low could virtually turn the light off but have no first hand experience...

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a U bin HA3 seoul from DX and it works flawless and has one of the whitest leds I have ever seen, even puts some customs to shame! it's totally snow white! (Probably got lucky) It doesn't turn off on lowest seting and is low enough to stare at the led without hurting your eyes, it has no rings at all in the beam, I am absolutely satisfied with my purchase